Internet message board etiquette ????

Tell me what you think. Do you like the site? Don't like it? Want more stuff? This is your opportunity to make the site work for you.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

T Smith
Site Sponsor

Internet message board etiquette ????

Post by T Smith »

What are the rules for using pictures and icons from other sites. I guess I've just been in school too long and am worried about copyright or plagiarism issues. Is there any protocol or rules regarding this. For example if I want a picture or Icon from a website can I just copy it and use it without aknowledging the source. I know I've seen where sites will have a picture taken down if it belongs to them but is that it. You just use whatever and if it's somebody else's who cares they'll take it and if not so what??? Also what about providing links to other fishing forums if they are of interest to a certain thread on this forum , is this a no no or ok. I guess in the end the internet police aren't going to knock my door down but I just want to understand internet etiquette a little better.
:smt004

And how do we get the smiley driving the boat????
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

You can link to whatever you want as long as it complies with the forum rules...

You can link for a driving smiley using the IMG function....
T Smith
Site Sponsor

Post by T Smith »

OK, just checkin
Thanks
2true

Post by 2true »

Come on you been in school WAY TOO LONG! Plagiarism issues HAHHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAAH. The web is all about plagiarism!
T Smith
Site Sponsor

Post by T Smith »

yea I know, :roll:

Check out my new signature courtesy of the seminole boosters, oops I credited my source. :lol: