How difficult would it be??

Tell me what you think. Do you like the site? Don't like it? Want more stuff? This is your opportunity to make the site work for you.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Sir reel
Site Sponsor

How difficult would it be??

Post by Sir reel »

How difficult would it be to create the conditional code to change the
You have 1 new message
?

I know I've missed messages that were waiting because I wasn't expecting one and didn't see the message waiting. It sort of blends in with the other links FAQ, Search, etc. It's true that a message is sent to my email account but that particular account doesn't get checked regularly during the day. I've seen other folks send a post ... such as SIR REEL YOU HAVE A PM...to draw attention.

If the alert could flash when a message is waiting.... or...if the alert could be displayed in a larger font, or a different color (or both) it would sure help catch those messages. IMO. Again, I don't know how difficult it would be and it might not be realistic or worth the effort but would sure be a great feature. Thanks.
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Do you have this clicked yes on your profile?

Code: Select all

Pop up window on new Private Message:
It will give you a pop up which will serve as a secondary reminder.....

What about a shock collar in your shorts, everytime you get a PM you get a small jolt :o :lol:
RodBow
Site Sponsor

Post by RodBow »

there's this girl here at the office that'll sure shock your bootys .. oh, this is a family fun place - sorry
use your opportunities ...

218 Carolina Skiff
25 Bayliner Deck
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Your right Chalk. I do have the pop up alert active. However, if someone starts an email thread with me from the forum, does the popup window work or is it just for PM's?
What about a shock collar in your shorts, everytime you get a PM you get a small jolt
As long as it's only "small jolts" ... that would probably be a good idea for some of the younger folks... but when you get to the age of myself and Rodbow.... the jolt doesn't seem to generate the pop up like you would hope.
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

It only works for PMs....Look for a red blinky light....Toms playing with it as we speak.....Service with a smile :-D
RodBow
Site Sponsor

Post by RodBow »

... but when you get to the age of myself and Rodbow....
dang SR, you must think you're alot younger than you really are 'cause I know I ain't reaching the maturity level that you are !

Ok, I have to admit that it may take a little bigger jolt now than it used, hold on.. Samantha Stevens is on tv... gotta go!
use your opportunities ...

218 Carolina Skiff
25 Bayliner Deck
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Your right on the money Ole Previous Partner!! But your trying to associate maturity with age.... some folks just catch on quicker'n others :o

Have you made a decision about Keaton?