WARNING DANGER WARNING DANGER WARNING DANGER

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Re: WARNING DANGER WARNING DANGER WARNING DANGER

Post by MudDucker »

What a mess wrote:At the public ramp at Keaton there is a sign, it says drop off at the end of the ramp.

Meaning your trailer is going over a cliff getting hung and you are screwed. :evil:

Can you say I can't believe I got up at 4:30 and spent $$$$$$$$$ for this. :smt010

A lovely crowd gathered offering sympathy and advice even a little help. :oops: :oops:

We got in the boat used the anchor as a fish hook and caught the trailer. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Two of us now in need of care for our backs, we could lift it just enough to have a passer by gas on it and get us up the drop off. :smt010

We were told many have ripped of the axle on the baot trailer there.

The good people of Tailor County did have time enough to make and post a sign. I wish the would fix the ramp. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
Two things:

1. God was punishing you for slipping off fishing while I was working.

2. I've warned you about being too cheap to use the sling at the marina. In the long term, every time you don't wet your trailer in saltwater adds that much more life to it. Besides....whadda expect for free :smt005

BTW big boy...this is a fishing REPORT forum..where is your report :o
What a mess

yo suber

Post by What a mess »

Jeff it seems like I listened to you wine about the air boats and cabin cruisers and felt real empathy for you in the last few days. may I now say my scratch & sniff skiff would look great with a new hood ornament no more whining for you dude. :smt014

we did think about trying off to the boat but was afraid of tearing out a cleat. I will say folks were very helpful, patient, and nice. :thumbup:

We were told hook a rope to another truck and go fast if the tow rope held this would have torn the trailer up for sure. :smt013

We were told no one has ever torn up a trailer there by one man that lived close by. :thumbdown:

We were told that many trailers have had axles torn off there by the man that helped us get it out. :smt010

I had just done new springs bearings lights and other stuff $650.00 worth I didn't want to tear it up. :thumbup:

Just kidding Jeff I won't run you over like a Manatee. Unless I just snap under the stress of Bad Recreational Stress Relief Due To Docking Disasters Syndrome!
Yesterday it was taboo today it is normal what the heck will they be doing tomorrow?
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Ramp at St. Marks lighthouse is pretty bad too. You better be careful during low tides.
Tidedancer
Site Sponsor

Post by Tidedancer »

MudDucker wrote:
What a mess wrote:At the public ramp at Keaton there is a sign, it says drop off at the end of the ramp.

Meaning your trailer is going over a cliff getting hung and you are screwed. :evil:

Can you say I can't believe I got up at 4:30 and spent $$$$$$$$$ for this. :smt010

A lovely crowd gathered offering sympathy and advice even a little help. :oops: :oops:

We got in the boat used the anchor as a fish hook and caught the trailer. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Two of us now in need of care for our backs, we could lift it just enough to have a passer by gas on it and get us up the drop off. :smt010

We were told many have ripped of the axle on the baot trailer there.

The good people of Tailor County did have time enough to make and post a sign. I wish the would fix the ramp. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
Two things:

1. God was punishing you for slipping off fishing while I was working.

2. I've warned you about being too cheap to use the sling at the marina. In the long term, every time you don't wet your trailer in saltwater adds that much more life to it. Besides....whadda expect for free :smt005

BTW big boy...this is a fishing REPORT forum..where is your report :o
But it ain't free. There is a $5.00 charge to launch your boat there. Or is it $3.00?
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Tidedancer wrote: But it ain't free. There is a $5.00 charge to launch your boat there. Or is it $3.00?
It is if you stiff the pay box like he does :smt005 j/k tidedancer It was free the last time I used it, but that has been a while back.
seatrout99
Site Sponsor

Post by seatrout99 »

Of course, sometimes the marina will rip the bunk off your trailer........... :smt006
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

seatrout99 wrote:Of course, sometimes the marina will rip the bunk off your trailer........... :smt006
Or knock your gps antenna off (fortunately on a day I was fishing inshore and not offshore). It ain't a perfect solution, but as a general rule, I've had better luck with trailers that never get fully immersed in salt water than those I backed off into anything.
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

Eerman wrote:
Jumptrout51 wrote:At Aucilla it is best to launch on the concrete,then push your boat in.

:smt005 :smt005
:smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005
I wonder if BD will let JT launch him in the new boat????? :-D
Stay Thirsty My Friends