Atticus Family Weekend

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Atticus
Site Sponsor

Atticus Family Weekend

Post by Atticus »

Family doesn't visit often but both dad and little bro were in town for some sun, beer and fishing.

Friday Dad and I run down to Perry to pickup the boat. Get the boat and the motor is fixed. I break out my checkbook and they inform me its under warranty. THANK YOU BIG BEND MARINE I OWE YOU GUYS BIGTIME.

Put in at Keaton about an hour later and fish out in front of Adams Beach put several nice trout in the boat but release everything. Dad wants an afternoon practicing with the CT before little bro gets in town. Highlight of the day was the biggest freakin houndfish I have ever seen takes dad's CT around the boat twice, jump a few times and then we land him. Dad is yelling to cut the leader until I tell him the Gulp! baits are $1 a piece. We get the jig back and let our smelly friend go.

Friday night little bro comes to town, Saturday morning we eat some grub and head down to the lighthouse. More trailers than I have ever seen at the lot. That fact and a wind out of the East make me a little nervous. Slolomn through everyone and his brother fishing right off the channel and head into the breeze towards the Grey Mare area. CTs again put 8 nice keepers in the boat over the course of the day. We made three looooong drifts with the guests fishing and me netting the fish in between a little coaching on technique and such. Threw them all back because we had dinner reservations. Numerous shorts were also released.

Two days on the water back-to-back with the family. Nothing broken or lost overboard. Plenty of sun and some decent fish. Had a great time.
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Two days on the water back-to-back with the family. Nothing broken or lost overboard. Plenty of sun and some decent fish. Had a great time.
That's what I'm talk'n bout :thumbup: Good job Luke :D
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
bman

Post by bman »

Good Coaching!
Been wondering what was going on down there- been fishing other areas this year.
I bet there were a ton of people out of the Fort... nice sunny day.
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
Nathan
Site Sponsor

Post by Nathan »

Wasn't too bad at the Fort when I put in. Waited about 5 min. to launch. There was a ton of people coming out of the Lighthouse channel when I went by though. Sounds like you had a good day. I need to get over and fish to the East some. Keep hearing too many good reports from that area.

Nathan
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Sounds like a sucessful family weekend. :thumbup:
What was I supposed to do today?
AJ
Site Sponsor

Post by AJ »

Good dill Luke, Fishin with family, didn't break anything and you didn't have to clean the fish :thumbup:
You gonna talk, or you gonna fish?
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

Whats a houndfish?
T Smith
Site Sponsor

Post by T Smith »

Suber, the fish in the top pic is a Houndfish my Father in Law Caught a few years back right off the light house, basically a JUMBO Needlefish.

http://www.bigbendfishing.net/phpbb/vie ... highlight=