HHA HANDS HELPING ANGLERS**RESCHEDULED**

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

HHA HANDS HELPING ANGLERS**RESCHEDULED**

Post by Jumptrout51 »

I love it when a plan comes together.
Rotary of Tallahassee and North Florida Gulf Fishing Club join efforts to present HHA 2007. This years tournament will be held JUNE 30.
Details will follow soon.
Please stay tuned to this post for all you need to know about the HHA 2007.

You do not have to be a NFGFC member to help these folks. Any BBF.net forum member can volunteer. All you need is a seaworthy boat,a little patience and a 1st mate to assist.

In the mean time let's get a head count.Who is in?
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

Hey JT, not familiar with this tourney, A little more info please.
A wise person pays attention to correction that will improve his life...... Proverbs 15:31 ICB <")))))>*<

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR
Capt Reggie
Site Sponsor

Post by Capt Reggie »

:thumbup: Count me in, JT51! :smt007
My hobby is Smart Outdoors, LLC.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

BAD BEHAVIOR wrote:Hey JT, not familiar with this tourney, A little more info please.
Each year for the past several years NFGFC has joined hands with the ROTARY CLUB in Tallahassee to promote the Hands Helping Anglers event, HHA. This is when our members provide boats,tackle,ice ,drinks,bait etc.
The ROTARY CLUB provides local physically challenged people to go for a fishing trip a-la- NFGFC and other civic minded boaters.
The Rotary Club provides anglers,Publix provides food for everyone on your boat,Jerrys Bait and Tackle provides shrimp and chum if you want it.
You can leave from the ramp of your choice,take your CLIENTS and go fish.
It is just a fun and enjoyable day with people who are less fortunate than most of us.
In most situations the boat Captain will see that the days' catch is cleaned,filleted,etc and bagged for the trip home with your guest that day.
More info will be forthcoming. I hope this gives you a brief explanation of the HHA.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
CAPTAIN CHARLIE
Site Sponsor

Post by CAPTAIN CHARLIE »

I have taken handicapped folks fishing about a half dozen times. I would again like to be included in this event. Whomever is responsable for adding names of voulenteers, please add mine.

If I could get a reply from some one I'd appreciate it so I won't have to pursue this further.

Cap'n Charlie
FLAT BROKE CHARTERS (RETIRED)
VERY AFFORDABLE FLATS FISHING
U.S.C.G. MASTERS LISC. AUX. SAIL
850 893-1050 cell 212-0660
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

SirReel is the NFGFC liason for this event.
Thank you so much for offering to Captain a boat for HHA.
SirReel will include you and be in touch with you really soon with the details.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Good evening folks.

Jumptrout51 called me Saturday evening and ask if I would consider trying to coordinate the HHA event on behalf of NFGFC and BBF.net folks. Jumpy and Tinny who would ordinarily be handling this find them selves in a conflict now that the date has been changed from June 9th to the 30th.
It should be noted that the date change was ask for by the Civic groups and is in no way the result of any lack of coordination or planning on our planners. The change was strictly due to issues withing the Civic groups trying to make the arrangements.

It is still very short notice to put something like this together and I will need all the help, patience, and support I can get if it is to come together.
I will be in contact with the Civic leaders and will also try to keep a list of all the captains who want to participate. This will be the 4th year that I will have participated and I can certainly say that it has been a rewarding experience for me. It will really give you an appreciation for what these folks with various challenges deal with on a daily basis and still maintain the best attitude you can imagine.

So... Like Jumptrout51 ask earlier.... WHO's IN??

Hands Helping Anglers 2007
June 30
Suggested Launch Site Shields Marina Due to the best dock and facilities that are conducive to the needs of the anglers participating.

Capt Reggie
CAPTAIN CHARLIE
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

Jumptrout51 wrote:
BAD BEHAVIOR wrote:Hey JT, not familiar with this tourney, A little more info please.
Each year for the past several years NFGFC has joined hands with the ROTARY CLUB in Tallahassee to promote the Hands Helping Anglers event, HHA. This is when our members provide boats,tackle,ice ,drinks,bait etc.
The ROTARY CLUB provides local physically challenged people to go for a fishing trip a-la- NFGFC and other civic minded boaters.
The Rotary Club provides anglers,Publix provides food for everyone on your boat,Jerrys Bait and Tackle provides shrimp and chum if you want it.
You can leave from the ramp of your choice,take your CLIENTS and go fish.
It is just a fun and enjoyable day with people who are less fortunate than most of us.
In most situations the boat Captain will see that the days' catch is cleaned,filleted,etc and bagged for the trip home with your guest that day.
More info will be forthcoming. I hope this gives you a brief explanation of the HHA.

Thanks JT. I ll see if I cant make some arrangements. Sounds like a helk of a time.
A wise person pays attention to correction that will improve his life...... Proverbs 15:31 ICB <")))))>*<

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Here are a few pictures of my team from last years HHA event. I will be trying to obtain more information on the number of participants we expect and pass it along. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. I'm sure we will need more rides than what have committed so far. If you can provide a trip for one of the anglers, who could use a hand, you won't be sorry. :D :thumbup: Let me know if your interested and I'll add your name to our list of captains :thumbup: :D

Team Sir reel and Eerman make ready to head out........................................................Billie with first trout of the day
Image Image

Dennis brings his shark to the boat.
Image Image

Billie brings in another nice trout..........................................................Eerman has a good day too! :thumbup:
Image Image
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

BTT
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Made contact with our Civic contact last night. He was working on getting a captain's survey together as we were speaking. As soon as it becomes available, I will post it. The purpose will be gather data on what kind of Boats are available, identify how many individuals each captain would feel comfortable with, get contact information, boat registration #'s, etc.

In addition, the plan is to have someone at the next NFGFC meeting to give some information and answer any questions directly that may come up. It should be noted that you DO NOT have to be a member of NFGFC to participate in this HHA event. So, if you think you can help us out by offering to take out one or two of these citizens... please let me know so I can add your name to the list. As of now:

Hands Helping Anglers 2007
June 30

Mr. and Mrs Sir Reel
Capt Reggie
CAPTAIN CHARLIE
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

HHA

Post by Steve Stinson »

Bud -

Count me in. I have already been in touch with my client from the past couple of years. He is willing to help with making phone calls if needed.

Let me know how we can help.

Thanks - Steve Stinson
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Thanks Steve :thumbup:

HHA Captain List

Mr. and Mrs Sir Reel
Capt Reggie
CAPTAIN CHARLIE
Steve Stinson
RodBow
Site Sponsor

Post by RodBow »

SR, It's a bit in the future to be sure - at this time I'm interested in HHA Day!
use your opportunities ...

218 Carolina Skiff
25 Bayliner Deck
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

HHA Captain List Updated 06/18

Mr. and Mrs Sir Reel
Capt Reggie
CAPTAIN CHARLIE
Steve Stinson
Rodbow (probability 7 on scale of 1-10 :D )
Mike and Elena Scibelli
Last edited by Sir reel on June 18th, 2007, 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.