Kayak Tarpon?

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Littoral

Kayak Tarpon?

Post by Littoral »

Not yet, but I was faithful to the task for a hour and a half. I was floating a pinfish under a cork waiting for something to happen & reminded that fishing and patience are supposed to go together. :-?
I'll try again until it happens. :o
I gave up & turned on the Chug Bug for some nice +20" trout.
bman

Post by bman »

Stick to it!- Nice trout on the Chug Bug :thumbup: :thumbup:
I keep watching the beach for them but they have not returned.
I did get drug a mile or so down the beach by what turned out to be a big stingray :smt009
I'm going out tomorrow am to chase fish....
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
TallyFish

Post by TallyFish »

And just where were you fishing? Nice trout!
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Kayak caught Tarpon - Yep, Uhuh!

Post by Steve Stinson »

Kayak caught Tarpon -

I caught 4 or 5 others this same day - believe it or not Dec. 24, 2006 - Christmas Eve in the Panhandle, not down South....Now if I could just catch a red on a flyrod.

- Steve Stinson
Eerman
Site Sponsor

Post by Eerman »

Saw several smaller tarpon this winter...couldn't ever get them to eat. Nice fish Steve.
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner."
Littoral

Post by Littoral »

Capt Ron wrote:Not being a yaker, I have trouble visualizing how you are going to put enough pressure on a fish to wear it out.
Wishful thinking is that the fish will jump enough first. I do have a drift anchor ready and I could put my regular anchor out.
Capt Ron wrote:PS I hope you've got a sit in yak, there have been a bunch of bull sharks around the tarpon this year.
Yes I do & that is very good advice. That said, I wasn't using it last time out :thumbdown: . Thanks, I've heard enough Boca stories.