Sea Tow or Tow Boat?

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

I would not count on insurance to get you through it. Even if they do pay, they usually will not pay 100%. Plus, I assume on a busy day, members would get priority over non-members for a tow in. I had a buddy who got towed in last year in his SeaRay, and it still cost him 300 bux after the insurance paid!. That would have bought him 2 years of membership......

Oh, and SeaTow, all the way for me......

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
reel therapy
Site Sponsor

Post by reel therapy »

Sea Tow. 850-984-3456

And if you're a member of NFGFC, then you save $30.

:thumbup: :beer:
Nathan
Site Sponsor

Post by Nathan »

I bought a year membership with TowBoat US right after I bought the new boat. TowBoat US was who everyone said to go with back home around Destin. Sounds like it's just the opposite here. Service depends a lot on the local captain or captains. Either way you go its a good thing to have. I haven't needed it yet, but am glad I have it if I ever do. Get the trailer coverage while you're at it. I've heard a lot of good things about it. Changing a bearing on the side of the road isn't my idea of fun. Seen a bunch of people doing it here recently.

Nathan
Pangler
Site Sponsor

Post by Pangler »

I've had Tow Boat for 4 or 5 years.
Been towed once in St. Marks and twice in Carabelle. Johnny on the spot both times.
I have no complaints with Sea Tow, but Tow Boat has been there when I needed them!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Sea Tow all the way :thumbup: . Bought the new boat and before it went in the water the first time my membership was paid in full w/ the trailer coverage. Capt. Joel and his whole family are great people and have gone out of their way to help with anyhting I've ever needed marina or Sea Tow wise. :thumbup: :thumbup:
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"