Boat Ramp Fun

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Mook!
Site Sponsor

Post by Mook! »

RD wrote:
Mook! wrote:OH and on another note, I did not lead anyone to believe you did that; I went out of my way to NOT identify you in any way - you called yourself out by replying :lol:
One thing I don't do is hide,lots of folks across the state and Internet knows who RD is including most anybody at the St. Marks ramp who has been there more than once knows who the crabber is with the female deckhands and I do go out of my way to be courteous as any of these guys on here who fish the creeks down east can tell you. I have no problem if she is sitting there half asleep in you telling her to move the dang boat out of the way,I would.While the older I get the less I remember it seems to me that when I got back and parked a boat was just starting to back down so if I did hold you up for 30 or 40 seconds I apologize, Other than that if you don't like the way I do things there the LH ramp is open to everybody but Commercial boats.
Fair enough - although you're not the only one I've seen there often with female assistance. Anyhow, let me clarify for everyone else - I said there is no shortage of idiots at that ramp, then told a story about what apparently was RD - but I did not mean to include him as part of the abundance of idiots; he is not. He's always nice, and courteous to pretty much everybody, and I'm sure he didn't notice we were there when it happened. I meant that story to be more a little humorous than a complaint (we sat there laughing at the whole thing when it happened) but I reckon you can't hear my tone of voice on the internet.

Here's another true story about RD - for a couple months a year or two ago, mojokoko and I thought he might be an under cover FWC guy cause he used to come up and talk to us so much about fishing when we sat on sprague bar drinking beer and bottom fishing, because we both thought it was weird how nice he was and that he came up and talked to us, always wanting to know what we caught and such.

I hope that clears that up, and I apologize if that upset you in the first place; wasn't my intent at all.
RD
Site Sponsor

Post by RD »

Good to go Mook! :thumbup: I am always interested in the health of our fisherys and water. It's rare for me to get to go fishing anymore but I still like to hear that everybody is catching fish and I pass along where I see fish at to friends.
reel therapy
Site Sponsor

Post by reel therapy »

RD wrote:I too like to hook n line fish inshore and try not to mess anybodys day up,sometimes y'all might be fishing in a spot that I have to go through but I do it as easy as I can and at times even leave traps that need pulling if somebodys fishing to close to them. I have more time in Stoney than anybody living and never feel like I own it and nobody else should be there although when the fish are there sometimes i wish it wasn't put in the papers so the whole world shows up down there. :roll:
My first time in Stoney was last December. I was unsure about navigating through there....so my buddy and I asked you for advice (about the easiest way to enter). You asked what we were fishing for, and then you directed us back toward the mouth and put us on some reds. :beer: :thumbup:
mojokoko

Post by mojokoko »

RD have you ever seen anyone roll up to a oyster bar and jump out with his friend and a dog and then start to box the dog?
RD
Site Sponsor

Post by RD »

mojokoko wrote:RD have you ever seen anyone roll up to a oyster bar and jump out with his friend and a dog and then start to box the dog?
mojokoko, it doesn't ring a bell but you have to remember that i'm working most of the time. I do keep a lookout on whats going on around me but if nobodys trying to run over me at the moment then I don't pay attention to details unless they are female with little or nothing on. :thumbup: :-D
Mook!
Site Sponsor

Post by Mook! »

...then there was the time last weekend, about 30 seconds after lightning struck the transformer at the st marks ramp, sending up a giant fireball, that a woman was sitting in a boat, tied up, on the inside of the ramp, I assume wating for a man with a truck. Another woman (along with quite a few other people in a mad dash to get out of the lightning) was yelling at her to move her boat. This shouting match lasted quite a while, but at some point, I believe I heard the woman tied up inside the ramp yell back that 'you need to shut up and wait your turn.' There was already a long line of trucks...
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

Mook! wrote:...then there was the time last weekend, about 30 seconds after lightning struck the transformer at the st marks ramp, sending up a giant fireball, that a woman was sitting in a boat, tied up, on the inside of the ramp, I assume wating for a man with a truck. Another woman (along with quite a few other people in a mad dash to get out of the lightning) was yelling at her to move her boat. This shouting match lasted quite a while, but at some point, I believe I heard the woman tied up inside the ramp yell back that 'you need to shut up and wait your turn.' There was already a long line of trucks...
I have found that times like that, it is just easier to tie up your boat on the bank somewhere, and go to your vehicle, and wait out the storm. After everybody else is wet and pissed, and now gone, you just take you trailer to the ramp, load up and go home. All relaxed, nice and dry.

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
Mook!
Site Sponsor

Post by Mook! »

Dubble Trubble wrote: I have found that times like that, it is just easier to tie up your boat on the bank somewhere, and go to your vehicle, and wait out the storm. After everybody else is wet and pissed, and now gone, you just take you trailer to the ramp, load up and go home. All relaxed, nice and dry.

Dubble :thumbup:
I couldn't agree more; that is exactly what we did.

:beer: :smt006
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”