St. Marks 7/28/07

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Nathan
Site Sponsor

St. Marks 7/28/07

Post by Nathan »

Put in at the Fort yesterday morning about 7:00 and headed out for a few hours of fishing. First trip out since disconnecting the VRO on my Johnson and was very pleased with how it worked out. Headed East to the Grey Mare area and started a drift in 3-5'. Wind was due out of the West so it pushed me parallel to the shore on a perfect drift. Caught a few trout, several of which were legal, a couple of salt cats, and two small sharks. Found a spot in 4-5' that was loaded with scallops. Marked it on the plotter and came back a couple hours later when I got done fishing. Gathered about a dozen scallops for a meal and called it a day. Didn't have any scalloping gear so I didn't bother with it for long. Plan to head back to that spot next weekend with a couple friends for some serious scalloping. Loaded the boat back up sometime around 12:00. :smt004

Nathan
FUTCHCAIRO

ST. MARKS

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

HEY NATHAN, SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD TRIP, NOTHING BROKE AND YA GOT SCOLLOPS AND FISH TOO. THAT JACK PLATE I GOT FROM YA WORKS GREAAT, THANKS.
PA THE OLD MAN OF THE SEA
FUTCHCAIRO
CATCH 22

Post by CATCH 22 »

Nice trip :thumbup:
You’ve reached middle age when all you exercise is caution.
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

:thumbup: :thumbup:
GULP! free since 1970.
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Cool trip. :thumbup: :thumbup:
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
Eerman
Site Sponsor

Post by Eerman »

Should of been a fine dinner that night :thumbup:
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner."