Wanted: Fin-Nor Megalite 4000 spin reel for parts

Need to buy or sell something, post it here.(Only Sponsor Businesses Please)

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

silverking
Site Sponsor

Wanted: Fin-Nor Megalite 4000 spin reel for parts

Post by silverking »

Anyone on the forum got one laying around? These reels are no longer manufactured and I'm looking for one to cannabilize for replacement parts. Mine blew up on a nice Cubera snapper last week in Mexico. I have a set so for sentimental reasons I'd like to replace the broken bail on this particular model.

Any help or leads on parts would be greatly appreciated. From what I've heard, parts are hard to come by.
Terrier

Fin Nor parts

Post by Terrier »

Your best bet is ebay - no megalites on there now, but they show up now and then. Zebco (new owner of Fin Nor) was supporting the Megalites but doesn't now but you may want to contact them at http://www.finnorfishing.com/support.html and see if they have any parts they could send you. I have the 1000 and 2000 - great drags!
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Fin Nor

Post by Steve Stinson »

I have an old Ahab reel made by Fin Nor. They sold at Sports Authority 7 or so year ago. Is that the one you're looking for?

- Steve Stinson
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Thanks Terrier. I've been checking on e-bay and have connections with Quantum, so that's why I was hoping to find one locally for parts.

Steve, the Ahab series is different from the Mega-lite (better construction, it seems, but the same drag system), but thanks for the offer.

I'll keep searching. I'm certainly not reel-poor. The Mega-lites were my travel set so I didn't have to keep switching back and forth.