PSJ Scalloping, 9-1/2

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Reel Fun
Site Sponsor

PSJ Scalloping, 9-1/2

Post by Reel Fun »

With the family, wife, BIL, SIL, MIL, FIL, daughter, and myself...we went both days. We got 5-7 gallons both days, in about 3 hrs each day. Man are they big this time of the year, way bigger than the mid of July. The "young eyes", my daughter, picked up 3 to 4 times as many as the rest of us. For example Sunday I got 28, she got 84.....there were plenty out there, but hard to see, in my opinion.
Wife and daughter Jo

Sunday's haul

I put a tent up for a little shade in the pool
It was a great weekend.
I would like to commend all the boaters that put in at PSJ State Park, in my many years of boating, I have never seen a boat ramp that ran as smoothly. There many boats, putting in and out all day, it went like clock work. That certainly helped make for a better experience....thank ya'll..... :thumbup:
Time on the water is NEVER wasted time.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

I saw 2 folks at the SP ramp that were not too happy.
One pulled his boat out and scrapped the seawall all the way out with the side of his boat.
The other was backing his trailer in and his right side of the truck was on top of the seawall until it fell off and scrapped the side of his truck.
Nice scallop haul. Where did you find them?
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

Great trip RF. Ya'll did much better than we did.

I too found them hard to see. At St. Marks they were on top of the grass blinking at you. That did not seem to be the case at SJB. The few we found were big though. :o
GULP! free since 1970.
Reel Fun
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Fun »

WOW JT...that sounds like some folks need "sum back'n up lessuns" , or a few less cold ones. That ramp is set up perfectly for getting in line in an orderly fashion, putting in/out, and getting out of the way. It worked great when I was there.....We were at the same place both days, marked by GPS. It was pretty much S/SE, there were a lot of boats closer to the Island and a little more SE of BI. But we didn't go there. We we about 2/3 of the towards shore from BI, S/SE. Yea, most of the scallops were "mossy/brown" side up and hard to see. It was a blast anyway....... :thumbup: :thumbup:
Time on the water is NEVER wasted time.
bman

Post by bman »

Only a few more days of Scalloping- Glad you got em!
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

:thumbup:
Scallops :lick: :lick: :lick:
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.