Panacea 11/4

Use this area to post diving and spearfishing fishing reports from the area Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, bottom temp, visibility, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

DWilliams

Panacea 11/4

Post by DWilliams »

Crew: Mrs. Salty, Panacea Nike and his buddy Jimmy.
Vis: a hazy 15' in 35', 20' in 40'

Fish were plentiful. Seas were not cooperative in the morning but laid down for the ride in. 1/2 the limit were caught and the other was speared. Panacea Nike won the award for BS as it did not stop all day plus some whining about getting put out on sand. The last two trips PN has rolled on the primo spots, so no more complaining unless you want to pay for a charter.

PN and Jimmy with two 16# gags coming off a sandy spot

PN with a nice gag and good inshore hog of another sandy spot

Mrs. Salty "finally" got the deathstick dialed in after numerous haircuts.
I Like to Fish

Post by I Like to Fish »

I am new to spear fishing but those look like some big fish. I did not know that hog fish got that big in these parts. That fish PN is holding is huge. DW why don’t you have any pictures of your fish up, from reading your other post I know you got some?
DWilliams

Post by DWilliams »

The captain usually does all the work and gets no glory. :-D

I had my limit in the boat and the other 3 crew had a total of 1 so I cooled the jets to make it enjoyable for them. :lol:
DWilliams

Post by DWilliams »

After the red tide inshore hogs were hard to come by. The summer was either blown out or the vis was shot. In the spring small and numerous hogs appeared and now there are some larger ones, 7-8#s.