Good excuses to use to get your fishing fix????

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

DuctTapeKing

Good excuses to use to get your fishing fix????

Post by DuctTapeKing »

OK so another thread got me thinking, and thats dangerous right there!!! All the fishing reports, even ones that tell of no fish tell us something. We'll I was wondering if yall have used any good excuses to get out of work, or stuff with the wife or family just to go fishing. And please if you have used some and they haven't worked, you got busted, post those too, they are just as helpful. Ok so I'll start. Kids are a wonderful thing, They get sick all the time, so using a "my child is sick" is great because you don't have to sound sick yourself, or act like your "getting over it" when you do return to work. You just have to make sure you wear lots of sun block, and cover your face so you don't get raccoon eyes. Alright if anyone has any good excuses that have worked, or havent worked I'd love to hear then. We could all use some good ones to help0 our addiction from time to time.
One of the greatest things in this life is to know yourself.
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

My personal favorite and it has worked several times is to call in a and say, " I would love to come to work today but if I do, I will not be responsilbe for my actions toward (insert name of any co-worker)"

Usually gets you the day off with pay and a little breathing room when you come back.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

Acute medical condition....Anal Glaucoma! :-D
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

I just tell the boss that I'm "Sick of Work" and need a day on the water :o I think that he has made me work only once in ten years when I have told him that "had many things to accomplish in a short time" :-D :thumbup: You could always say that your Good twin is sick and your Evil twin will work in his place if not granted the day off :smt004 :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
DuctTapeKing

Post by DuctTapeKing »

Anyone ever get out of a wedding, Funeral, jury duty, a party your wife say's is gonna be fun because it's all of her friends :roll: to go fishing? If so how? I'll tell you this. When I was married I had a three wammie kind day. My wedding annerversery was on April 20th, That is also Hippy New Year, 4/20 all day long, and the day my fishing liscense would expire. See I would never forget the annerversy because when ever I went to renew it I knew I needed to buy an annerversory present, ofcourse being Hippy New Year I would forget almost anything. Anyway on our 1st annerversery I said hey lets take our son to the beach for the first time, since it was inexpensive and we were broke. We went to Bald Point. I decided to wade out to a little oyster bar close to shore with my chartruse popping cork and charturse bass assiscan. There were lots of people fishing and most were using live shrimp. No one was catching anything. I was on the bar maybe 10 minutes under goes the cork and out goes the line, zinging like a big red. Once I get him close I see it's the biggest trout I have ever seen. Much bigger than the one mounted on the wall at Jerry's bait and tackle. Another 5 minutes and I catch a tiny 19 inch trout, atleast thats what it looked like compared to the trout I had on the stringer. I heard my son starting to cry so I head in. Measured the trout after the ice at 30".. and fat fat fat. So I didn't actucally get out of anything but by setting some of my important dates together it seemed to work out just fine.
One of the greatest things in this life is to know yourself.
What a mess

Post by What a mess »

Every once in a while I get a crazy look in my eyes.

Then I say if I don't go fishing soon somebody could get hurt and it might be you.

What do you think, should I go?
Yesterday it was taboo today it is normal what the heck will they be doing tomorrow?