Spring Warrior 12/9

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Perch Jerker
Site Sponsor

Spring Warrior 12/9

Post by Perch Jerker »

After waiting on the right time, the right tide, the right wind, buddies, and the right whatever else, I realize that if I wait on everything to be right, I'll never go fishing. So, when the ole lady says it's time for me to get out of the house.....I figure I'd better go fishing.

Low tide was at 8:30 so there's no need to hurry. At 11:00, still a little early, I start to ease out. On the way, I catch some bait; big finger mullet.

I head out, down and back in. I marvel at the Mullet (air) boats as they circle schools of mullet and put out their nets. I was close enough to the action for a confused school to come by my boat. I can't stand it so a quick throw of the net and I catch all I need.

After the commotion, I find some 3 - 3.5" water and drift in with the tide and wind. Almost immediately, I hook a big trout that liberates himself right at the boat. Next drift, I catch a nice one and then average a trout per drift until I've got the limit. All big trout. I also catch my limit of redfish. I was drifting from 300 or so yards out, right up to the bank.

I also talked to some guys who caught a bunch of fish in 5' of water.

It was a perfect day on the flats...despite what the information, one might obtain 200 miles from the coast, might indicate. :beer:

Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Nice mess of fish :thumbup: :thumbup:
Aucilla
Site Sponsor

Post by Aucilla »

three and a half feet of water? wow...
Well.. I aim to get my net throwing down a little better this winter. Looks like you had fun! And those finger mullet are great bait!