Calm down them trout's!

Post your favorite tips and tricks here. Pictures are helpful and welcome.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Fish Masterson
Site Sponsor

Calm down them trout's!

Post by Fish Masterson »

I don't know how many times I got one of them trout in the boat with a huge top water plug hangin out of his mouth. Them dang thangs will turn kamikazi on you quick. Try to reach in there and grab that fish, and he is sure to give you the "Mega Flop" and try to lodge as many of those free hooks into your hand as possible.
Well, just the other day, a thought occured to me. Why not whistle the little fighter a lullaby. I kinda laughed it off, but then thought, what the hey, I'll give her a shot(or a toot in this case) and believe it or not IT WORKED! The fish got plum still and I was able to get that hook out as safe as ever. I tried it several more times with the same results. So I share this knowledge in the name of research and ask that everyone that is so inclined as to try it, will post back with there results.
Thanks, Fish Masterson
AJ
Site Sponsor

Post by AJ »

I can't whistle and my singing ain't much better, what am I going to do? :P
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Fish, I'll give it a try and let you know. But I need more information. What kind of music were you whistling? Do the trout prefer rock, easy listning, country, or what?
What was I supposed to do today?
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

Not sure about this... :o :D
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

SR, I don't see no X in the top of edit. :o Sides, can't whistle while I'm gritting my teeth and cussing. :wink:
Last edited by CSMarine on October 29th, 2003, 9:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
Semper Fi
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

The trick is to cut "donuts" or figure eights first to make em think they are surrounded and that they have no hope of escaping. They'll surrunder faster. :wink: Besides it's not possible to whistle while your jumping up and down hollering from excitement like I often do. :lol: :hammer:
Semper Fi
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

My puter studdered. How do you delete a post? :oops:
Semper Fi
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

CS... when you want to delete a post you need to be logged in and you should see a [x] in the upper right hand corner of the post. Click on it while whisl'n "you are my everything" and while on a high "C" hold the note for as long as you have breath. Everything will disapear! :o :wink: :thumbup:
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

Including anyone who may be around, :o please don't scare dem fishes. :D