Tuffleye product

The place to discuss the finer points of fly fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Capt Reggie
Site Sponsor

Tuffleye product

Post by Capt Reggie »

:smt006 Have any of you innovative fly tiers out there experimented with this new Tuffleye product yet - a possibly good replacement for Epoxy? I would appreciate your evaluation of this material as I am considering ordering the "kit" to make the Scud & Shrimp (flies being taught to my fly tying class this month)!!! :roll: However, if it is not as good a product as the commercial reports on it has stated, I may stay with Epoxy. :lick: Thank you. :thumbup:
My hobby is Smart Outdoors, LLC.
Chalk

Re: Tuffleye product

Post by Chalk »

I read an article on it about a year ago - Concept is nice, epoxy is pretty nasty on your health....but you can get the following for $89.00: AC/DC High Intensity LED Curing Light with adaptor. Uses 3AAA batteries(Not included) or AC adaptor (Universal adaptor input is 100-240 volt) and Light shield. Luxeon 75,000 to 100,000 hour 3 watt LED, 30cc Tuffleye Core, 10cc Tuffleye Finish, Light Proof Applicator Tips, Ball Brushes, Introduction Letter. All you need to start. OUR BEST VALUE!!! :o

That said a $3.00 tube of 5 minute epoxy is looking better by the dollar :lol:

If you have the funds, I say it's great....apply it, shape it...hit it with the light and it's done.
Supa Fly

Post by Supa Fly »

Bob Popovics said in an article that he is using it almost exclusively now, which speaks volumes. I haven't bought it yet, but only because I don't have much time to tie lately.
Capt Reggie
Site Sponsor

Post by Capt Reggie »

:roll: I guess no body out there has used this product as yet? I have tried to buy some from our FBBF sources and they said there was such a rush on this Tuffleye product following the recent articles on the subject that many fly tiers have bought some and Tuffleye has been back ordereed until later this month! Ah, the power of the press. :smt005 Oh well, IF any of you fly tiers do get some before I do and get a chance to try it out, please send me a report on it. I promise to do the same. :thumbup:
My hobby is Smart Outdoors, LLC.