Rules for push poling a boat.....

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Eerman
Site Sponsor

Re: Rules for push poling a boat.....

Post by Eerman »

Glad you're alright Chalkster. BH, I'm sorely disappointed in you...where's the video. :lol:
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner."
Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Post by Barhopr »

boy how I wish I had video. Would make nice gag reel for Christmas party.
I don't want to laugh to hard at him, I haven't fallen off yet but I'm sure I'll have my day.
VIVA la BT

Image_______________Image
Eerman
Site Sponsor

Post by Eerman »

Barhopr wrote:boy how I wish I had video. Would make nice gag reel for Christmas party.
I don't want to laugh to hard at him, I haven't fallen off yet but I'm sure I'll have my day.
Yup, come pretty close myself a couple of times.
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner."
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

I was okay..."Im an athlete." (CS sarcasm) :-D :smt005 :smt005
Ron Wilson
Site Sponsor

Post by Ron Wilson »

Dude,
Glad you're alright, but that dang sure is funny. :smt005
"Plan for the worst."
BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

Wow, I thought I was the only fall guy in our crowd. Nice to know Im not the only clumsy SOB around here!! :smt005 Glad you didnt skin anything but your pride. :thumbup:
A wise person pays attention to correction that will improve his life...... Proverbs 15:31 ICB <")))))>*<

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR
Reel Country
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Country »

MudDucker wrote:Did you hang onto the pole so you would look like a dancer at the kit cat club :smt005 :smt005

Been there, done that bro :-D

Didn't fall into the water, but have missed the platform when I've turned around. Laying stunned in the floor of the boat with my son saying "dad the pole is floating away."

Glad you made out alright.
Ron Wilson
Site Sponsor

Post by Ron Wilson »

Reel Country wrote:Didn't fall into the water, but have missed the platform when I've turned around. Laying stunned in the floor of the boat with my son saying "dad the pole is floating away."

Glad you made out alright.
RC. That's pretty dayum funny too, as long as you were O.K. :thumbup:
"Plan for the worst."
grim reeler

Post by grim reeler »

My push pole incident involved trying to get a small boat off a floating island by pushing against said floating island. When the duck foot finally punched thru I ended up putting both legs thru the island up to the crotch. Luckily I stopped there, but at 40 degrees out it was a long ride back to the landing.
Pinocchio

Post by Pinocchio »

Chalk wrote:Push Poling Rules:
Rule #1: When in mud, use the mud foot.
Rule #2: Never turn towards the stuck push pole and snatch
Rule #3: When you fail to follow Rules #1 and #2 you will fall out of the boat into the water :oops: :lol:
Rule #4: Always carry a rain suit, so you can keep fishing when you fail to comply with rules 1 & 2. :smt005 :smt005 Yes, I fell in yesterday :x :oops: :lol: :lol:
Ya shudda read da manual and larned how to use ya Stiffy BEFORE ya whipped it out! I was in on a Stiffy adventure just last week! Bud from Tampa comes up heah w/Hewes Redfisher and we launches out St. Marks lighthouse ramp (he loves that place he used a lot when he went to FSU and fished outta thar to ease his stress from grad. school). We were headed East but he wanted to duck into that first creek next to the lighthouse. We screwed around in thar mostly seeing mullets jump and on the way out we get a bit bottomed out with tide and wind coming in hard. He gets out his Stiffy and jumps up on stern polling platform, gets us unstuck and lays Stiffy on gunnel but forgot to secure it in clips. Then he puts flaps down and hawls @$$ towards Eastward spots to fish reds and trout. Purty-near 6 hours later and ~ 15 miles away from lighthouse and me pullin' in a redfish he yells "Where's my Stiffy?" We'd not used it since leaving the lighthouse and used his trolling motor. "It must be way over at the lighthouse where I used it!" I just shook my head. "That thing costs nearly $400 -- we gotta go try to get it!" And so we did. On the way over we both agreed someone prolly found it and we'd never see it again. We go in the creek and nodda! Coming out I says we need to look in the new marsh grass East of the creek mouth. He keeps mumbling "We'll never find it even if someone didn't already get it!" Let's try (I'm always a hero -- every time I tell a story!). So, we mill around in the grass and I look about 15 boat lengths to the East and yell "Thar it is -- gleaming in the chop and bright sun, way into the new growth of marsh grass. On the way over he couldn't decide if the Stiffy would even float or if after 6 hours it'd take on water and sink! Moral of story -- When ya take out ya Stiffy -- always put it back -- securely! Also, be specially careful if ya get it stuck in da mud! Eh, Chalk?
:smt018 :mt045