WHICH IS BETTER

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

gonefishing

WHICH IS BETTER

Post by gonefishing »

bobs machine shop jack plate or cmc,I have an actioncraft 1802 150 merc....what would be the best
trolling motor,riptide,greatwhite 24volt 75-85 lbs thrust bow mount
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Re: WHICH IS BETTER

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Bobs Machine
great white 24V
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
gonefishing

Post by gonefishing »

10 in set back or ...and what size tm by motorguide,remote control;is it important,what about lenco trim tabs
Mook!
Site Sponsor

Post by Mook! »

I posted a very detailed personal account of remote on minn kota co-pilot a while back, but in a nutshell, they're less functional than the foot control, and in my opinion, the remote would actually be a bad thing on a motor not equipped also with autopilot feature. Only tim I've ever found it anything but annoying is for making small left/right course corrections or occasional speed adjustments when cruising creeks on autopilot. Way more control with the foot pedal. remote might help you if you're standing on a casting deck without room for the pedal or fishing the bow with a stern-mounted motor or vice versa...physical limitations is all the remote overcomes, and there is a performance cost cause each presss of a button results in an incremental change that is not nearly as precise as what you can do on the foot control, at least on the co-pilot model.
Mookbait! At least 401 times better than live bait!

He who have signature line make bigger post.
gonefishing

Post by gonefishing »

thks
MrGreenJeans

Post by MrGreenJeans »

I don't think you would go wrong with either jackplate. The Bob's is probably a little better quality but I hear their service if you have problems is less than stellar.
I Like the simple pleasures........like killing my enemies, drinking his wine and taking his women and gold.