Need advice on trout in May

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Second Chance
Site Sponsor

Post by Second Chance »

Every May my father and son join me in Carrabelle for 3-4 days to trout fish . I run out of the Moorings and usally fish the flats from Lanark to FSU marine lab and Turkey point. Based on the tides and the moon phases, if you were going to fish for four days when would you plan the trip. The group can go any time between 4/29 and 5/22. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

I would look at May 11-14. It is centered on the new moon and there should be plenty of water moving both in the afternoon and morning. I would also try the grass flats behind the east end of St. George Island at least a couple of the days. The area doesn't get nearly the fishing pressure that Lanark Turkey Point does, plus it puts you very close to a good spanish and pompano run at the east pass. Just my opinion.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Second Chance
Site Sponsor

Post by Second Chance »

Thanks for the input Tom. Your advise is always welcome. Mabe we can finaly get to meet if you are planing to make the get together in C'belle at the end of May.
Vance
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

Based on what happened on the FS forum I don't think I'll be welcome, but maybe we can fish together some time anyway.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Jere Firth

Post by Jere Firth »

Tom...I am sorry to that me as well the way the way it looks...... :???:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jere Firth on 2002-02-20 4:34 am ]</font>
Second Chance
Site Sponsor

Post by Second Chance »

Tom,
I wasn't aware of the problem on the FS forum. I am going to be spending some time at C'belle april/may. Would still like to get together and fish if possible.Thanks again for the info.
Vance
mullet

Post by mullet »

Jere, Tom, Of course you are welcome any time. You both decided to leave FS of your own accord. I think Toms statements were uncalled for, but hey, if that's the way he felt I respect him for expressing it. I have apoligized to jere for offending him as it was unintentional. If he chooses not to accept the apology that's his decision, but he is welcome on FS. Tom you hurt some feelings with your statements but you are also welcome there although you may have to explain to some that your statements werent directed at EVERYONE, just me and a few others. Billy

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mullet on 2002-02-21 1:39 pm ]</font>
Bottom Line
Site Sponsor

Post by Bottom Line »

Hey, Mullet has apologized. Jere can't you and Tom find it in your hearts to forgive and forget???? Please....we really are all friends both here and on FS site. Come on back...please?
Bottom Line
Site Sponsor

Post by Bottom Line »

Plus we all need to pull together on this grouper "problem". See FS site for futher details.
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

I can't see the site until I get home.
Tom Keels
Site Founder