Need Redfish Recipe

Post your favorite recipes here.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Ken K
Site Sponsor

Need Redfish Recipe

Post by Ken K »

Ya'll got a good fish stew or Vera Cruz style recipe that would work with Redfish?
Ken
DeerNfish88

Post by DeerNfish88 »

screw the recipe i just want to catch a red fish lol i dont know anything is good fried :lol: it would proably be good grilled w/ some nice seasoning there is redfish seasoning at basspro its kinda salty but i use it on a lot of fish and there is some good batter there to light and crispy uncle bucks umm thats good
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Stew a good redfish :o ...Glass baking pan....favorite seasoning on the fish...some butter...Zesty Italian dressing..Bake at 350 til meat turns white and a lil flaky......mmmmmmmmm good
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Blackened!
What was I supposed to do today?
Ken K
Site Sponsor

Post by Ken K »

Thanks for the ideas fellows, of course I ate that fish eight months ago.... Who knows though, I may catch another some day. :lol:
Ken
eat_mo_crawfish

Post by eat_mo_crawfish »

Fillet the next red you catch, leaving the skin and scales on. Put that side down on your grill, and season the top however you like (I use a little extra virgin olive oil, lemon, and coarsely ground black pepper). Don't flip the fish; it will cook as is, with the scale side forming a nice bowl out of which you can enjoy your catch. If you are lucky enough to have some buttonwood or pecan to throw on the fire, it's a real treat.
Atticus
Site Sponsor

Post by Atticus »

What EMC said, I had a buddy in college from LA and he cooked up reds in that manner, they were great
:lick:
eat_mo_crawfish

Post by eat_mo_crawfish »

Well, I was born and raised in LA, so it must be a lazy cajun way of cooking reds.