Carrabelle/Lanark suggestions?

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Woodburn

Carrabelle/Lanark suggestions?

Post by Woodburn »

Im fishing Carrabelle/Lanark area tomorrow for the first time and wondered if anyone had suggestions. I heard inside the sand bar between the river entrance and Lanark ramp was good for trout and reds. Im going with an old guy(70s) and young kid(7) so am hoping to get on some fish for them. I dont expect it us to make a full day of it for obvious reasons. :) I probably will put the young'en on a gulp under a cj. Im going top water. I also heard of tarpon spots in the area. Any suggestions/tips? Thanks
FUTCHCAIRO

Re: Carrabelle/Lanark suggestions?

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT THERE A SOME GOOD REDFISH AROUND THE CHANEL TO THE MARINE LAB. I HAVE NOT BEEN THERE THIS YEAR BUT HAVE DONE GOOD IN THE PAST. TROUT ARE OUT IN THE BAY BETWEEN THE RIVER MOUTH AND DOG ISLAND, FISH AROUND THE SAND SPITS IN THE GRASS.
PA :smt006 :smt006 :smt006 :thumbup: :thumbup:
FUTCHCAIRO
caseycook

Re: Carrabelle/Lanark suggestions?

Post by caseycook »

WB,

Find spotty bottom in 2-3' of water early in the day. Run out the mouth of the river and start looking. Either head East or West and look for either baitfish / mullet schools or at the bottom to see if it looks good. Fish with jigs, flukes, twitchbaits, and topwater. Once the sun comes up, find a little bit deeper water (4-6') and throw the same baits. I've found that as the water warms up in the summertime, the fish move out a little deeper in that area. The cool thing about that area is that it could mean only having to move a couple hundred yards. If you aren't having any success, continue moving out until you find 'em.

Good luck and let us know how you do. Take plenty of pictures!
Boom goes the dynamite.