gustav

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Re: gustav

Post by Dubble Trubble »

ak man wrote:It will not be going to old mexico, it will hit between N.O. and Pensecola. The feds are already staging personnel in Mobile for disaster relief. I don't like it, but dat's the truuf. :thumbdown:

Not much comfort. How many times have you seen the feds get something right? :smt009

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
Tennessee

Post by Tennessee »

MudDucker wrote:They have moved the cone of danger further to the west.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at2.sh ... e#contents" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That does not look good for friends and family in Lafitte. I expect alot of company this weekend.
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

CAT3 and building :smt011 looks like NO should be spared though :thumbup: but Texas "my earlier predicted landfall" :-D looks ta catch hell :smt012

“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
woopty
Site Sponsor

Post by woopty »

projected path....

"You got time to breathe, you got time fur music..."
...Briscoe Darling Jr.

JB
http://zydecozoo.com
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Feds think it will hit Nawlins. In order to get folks to evacuate, they had the manager of the Walmart across the bridge to announce that all security procedures had been suspended today and a fresh load of TV's were brought in last night. :smt005
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

MudDucker wrote:Feds think it will hit Nawlins. In order to get folks to evacuate, they had the manager of the Walmart across the bridge to announce that all security procedures had been suspended today and a fresh load of TV's were brought in last night. :smt005

What, Only TV's, No Ipods? :smt020

:smt005 :beer:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Conditions at 42003 as of
(10:49 am CDT)
Wind Direction (WDIR): ESE ( 110 deg true )
Wind Speed (WSPD): 52.4 kts
Wind Gust (GST): 68.0 kts
Wave Height (WVHT): 34.4 ft
:smt103 :smt103 :smt103 :smt103 :smt103 :smt103
Dominant Wave Period (DPD): 14 sec
Average Period (APD): 11.1 sec
Mean Wave Direction (MWD): SE ( 131 deg true )
Atmospheric Pressure (PRES): 29.30 in
Pressure Tendency (PTDY): -0.13 in ( Falling Rapidly )
Air Temperature (ATMP): 79.0 °F
Water Temperature (WTMP): 83.7 °F
Dew Point (DEWP): 79.0 °F
Heat Index (HEAT): 83.7 °F
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

The flood waters have been down below my road to the river since Wednesday, I just went and looked and it's almost a foot deep over the road now :smt011 We could get some significant flooding from the surge, with the rivers "especially the "O" " still full of water :smt012 y'all be careful out there :beer: :beer: