GAS!!!!

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Sea Gurl

Re: GAS!!!!

Post by Sea Gurl »

http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/28287024.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Glad I bought that extra lawnmower gas now!
Atticus
Site Sponsor

Post by Atticus »

Sheeple. Prices are up only .20 per gal in Houston but its $5.49 in Tallahassee?

This smells of meritless panic. It has happened in Tallahassee before.
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

Just heard Tallahassee folks are driving up to Thomasville to fill up. My daughter is driving over from Valdosta, she says chaos ensues there at the gas stations.

chaos chaos chaos chaos chaos :lol:
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

I filled up last night, but when I went to the bank this afternoon, several stations were out and others had big lines. No need to drive here to Valdosta for gas.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
kikstand454

Post by kikstand454 »

this is all so frkn retarded.
the media (owned one way or another by big oil) hype up things and cause hysteria and sheeple run out and fill their tanks and run the prices up... forcing sensable people to do the same... therefore self-fullflling the media prophecy.

if noone had ran out and filled up everything they own.... the price MIGHT have gone up a dollar.

but NNNNOOOOOO.

pisses me off. they know they have the country by the nutz and dont care. screw big oil and the investors therein. why should WE absorb their losses for 3 days of fuel shortage? i dont seee them compensating my boss for his monthly fleet bill.
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Just went to the PAN, at the corner of Appalachee Pkwy and Louvenia. They didn't raise their prices, and are, indeed out of gas. However, they still have diesel, and didn't raise the price of it, either.I decided to fill up while I was there. Another diesel pulled up on the other side of the pump. While we were filling up, no less than 20 cars came circling through, looking for gas. A few got in line behind us, until they realized we were pumping diesel.

This is an absolute shame.
What was I supposed to do today?
bman

Post by bman »

One of the guys on the Kayak forum posted this...

And this is on Tallahassee.com
Rumors of a fuel shortage spread like wildfire across the state, prompting Agriculture and Consumer Services Commissioner Charlie Bronson to call a late afternoon press conference.

"There is no fuel shortage in Florida," Bronson said. "There's hundreds of millions of gallons available."

Bronson also promised to subpoena the records of any gas station suspected of price gouging. Violators face a $10,000 fine per violation, up to $25,000 a day. Investigators follow the paper trail from the gas pump to the wholesaler and jobber back to the original purchase. Retailers can't raise prices arbitrarily just because they anticipate higher prices in the future, Bronson said.
http://tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar ... GECAROUSEL
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
kikstand454

Post by kikstand454 »

wont matter.
too many people bought into it. the gas stations didnt raise prices on the gas they have....thats illegal. they were threatening 5bucks a gallon on the NEXT tank of gas.... tomorrow. that way everyone went and got the gas while it was cheap and people that couldnt will have to pay whatever they want this weekend and theres nothing legaly wrong with it.
nice huh?
i took a wrong turn somewhere.
shoulda been a money grubbing selfish greedy fatazz oil investor.
id have a nice boat.
dolphinatic
Advertising Sponsor

Post by dolphinatic »

tin can wrote:
This is an absolute shame.
AMEN!!!!!!!! Couldn't have said it better myself TC. We were on our way to church tonight and attempted to stop for gas just because we were on E. Tried to get gas at 4 different places and finally settled for Maxwells at Chaires Cross Rd. The guys that run the place were out there trying to direct traffic to the pumps and informed me that all they had left was 93. I said " I don't care, I'm on empty." I also told him that I didn't care if it was already $6.00 a gallon. As I went inside to pay, a man at the pump, with his 6 gas cans lining the bed of his truck, became very irrate because he was asked to move down to another pump so others could get to pumps also. He moved forward and when he began to pump his gas, the pump stopped due to being empty. This is when he exploded and began to yell at the station owner (who by the way was being very courteous to everyone). I was already upset about all the idiots running to the stations fearing no fuel, so when he did this, I couldn't help but address him with a few stern words. I got my $1.55 in before the pump stopped, so I was good to go till tomorrow's gas gets here :thumbup: By the way, I asked the Lord to forgive me this evening and prayed that the guy with the 6 gas cans is able to fill them tomorrow :roll:
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21

Team BevisRealty.com
whitebc
Site Sponsor

Post by whitebc »

:smt005 :smt005
A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the telephone.
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

Dolphinatic, you are my new hero in so many ways!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :lol:
Team Jolly Mon
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

This is just crazy, THERE IS NOT A GAS SHORTAGE!!!!! I promise you that IF a couple of refineries are shut down then they'll be up and running before the Red Cross gets to Texas. The gas companies aren't going let them sit idle for long.
The reason for all of this is pure panic and the scare tactics of CNN, Fox News and every other "news" outfit, that does everything they can to scare the crap outta folks and keep us looking over our shoulders.
One day we'll have to wake up and see past the hype and mass chaos.
My $0.02 for what it's worth.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
RodBow
Site Sponsor

Post by RodBow »

I just filled up in Destin last night at Wally World for $3.85 (premo) .. :o
What gives?
use your opportunities ...

218 Carolina Skiff
25 Bayliner Deck
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

I have 3 tournaments next weekend. :D As long as I have gas for them I will remain calm. :-)
If not, I will become irate :smt119 and start hunting down oil investors. :smt067 :smt071
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
dolphinatic
Advertising Sponsor

Post by dolphinatic »

Hey JT.....if you need gas for your boat for next weekend's tournaments, let me know and I'll let you have the gas in my boat tanks. It's not like I'll be using it anytime soon. My phone has been ringing off the hook, so I'm getting after it while the getting is good :thumbup: No time for fishing :smt009
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21

Team BevisRealty.com