Trailer lights remedy, a lil' hep?

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

dbplug
Site Sponsor

Trailer lights remedy, a lil' hep?

Post by dbplug »

My trailer lights all work just fine, but with the tow vehicle lights on, all trailer lights die when I press on the brake. Ideas?
for petes sake
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

No doubt about it, BAD GROUND :D either on the tow vehical or the trailer, check em both REAL good :thumbup: :thumbup:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

What Wevans said. GROUND. Had one doing the same thing. White ground wire corroded.
Semper Fi
dbplug
Site Sponsor

Post by dbplug »

Thanks guys, will check it in a moment and let you know. lektritty scares me.
for petes sake
dbplug
Site Sponsor

Post by dbplug »

Thanks guys, that was it. Ground wire on the truck(86 chevy) side of the harness was disconnected. Lights are brighter than they have ever been!
for petes sake
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Good deal :thumbup: :thumbup:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Glad it works for you....I rewired the boat trailer back during the summer, first time out we took my dads truck...We are going along, he turn the blinker on and he say's it's not working, then he says I turn left and the right comes on :o ....I'm getting kinda hot, cause I knew they checked on my truck....Hmmm we arrive at the landing, I look at the connection.... :hammer: :hammer: hey bone head you put the pig tail in upside down..his excuse, it was dark :o :lol: my dad...lol
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

And how long after calling him Bone Head till you could get up off the ground :o :lol: