Bad Experiance

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Sea Legs

Post by Sea Legs »

I have recently had a bad experiance with Raytheon I purchased a Ray 425 chart plotter less than 1 year ago and installed it on my boat all was working well and I was well pleased with the plotter then about a week ago I turned it on and it made a loud buzzing noise and emmitted a small cloud of foul smelling smoke. I promptly returned it to the dealer and they sent it in for repair suposidly under the 2 year warranty the factory has sent it back and indicated to my dealer that the damage to it willnot be covered by the warranty! I plan to investigate this further but I feel my efforts will be fruitless. so if you are or know some one who is going to by electronics I would strongly suggest that they be anything other than Raytheon!!!! I will neaver again have anything Raytheon.
LiveLine

Post by LiveLine »

Sorry to hear about your troubles with Raytheon. You would think that a company that large would be able to help. Did you find out what caused it to melt down?
Cranfield
Site Sponsor

Post by Cranfield »

Sea Legs, Have you thought of posting your comments on the Florida Sportsman Boating Forum ?

I remember reading some time ago that the manufacturers/suppliers check whats posted about their products/service on there.
Sea Legs

Post by Sea Legs »

Cran, I havent posted there yet, but I have sent a nasty gram to the Raytheon customer service dept. waiting to see what theyhave to say.
Jere Firth

Post by Jere Firth »

Sounds like Si-Tx work they fixed but it took to months of me calling every day and then they laided the labor bill on me....I think the parts were nothing in cost but they really got me on labor......