hard to feel sorry for Detroit CEO's...

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

CrispyFishin

Re: hard to feel sorry for Detroit CEO's...

Post by CrispyFishin »

The best part of the hearings today was when the CEOs got grilled about flying each of their own corporate jets to Washington. What a crock!

I saw an awesome thing the other day about the CEO of Japan Air reducing his own salary to 90k annually. There's a lesson to be learned there.

I've never lived in a union town, so I can't relate; however, I tend to believe that you should be paid based on your competitive skill set or ability. When I hear about Rosie the Riveter getting paid $30 to pop rivets into the real panels of a new truck, I think that's nuts.

The government would be justified in regulating the power of unions, but that's where it should end.
Work 'em silly Gators!!
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

They need to let a bankruptcy court clean them up and get rid of those ridiculous union contracts.

One thing though, seeing Sen. Dodd open his fat trap about anything to do with this economy makes we want to go puke on his head. He and Barney are the two greatest causes of this catastrophe still in office.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

MudDucker wrote:They need to let a bankruptcy court clean them up and get rid of those ridiculous union contracts.

One thing though, seeing Sen. Dodd open his fat trap about anything to do with this economy makes we want to go puke on his head. He and Barney are the two greatest causes of this catastrophe still in office.
Listening to Dodd and Frank you have to wonder if they have any conscience left! It was interesting that when the rep mentioned the "symbolism" of the
private jet travel to Washington none of the CEOs even blinked or in any way responded. I agree that giving them bailout money will only
mean business as usual until they are forced into liquidity. I'd be willing to bet 2 years max for GM and Chrysler....maybe a "little" longer for Ford.
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Ford is actually a successful company in Europe, but it doesn't sell many of those models/features in the US. The fusion is one of the first they brought over here after developing it for over there.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Sea Dawg
Site Sponsor

Post by Sea Dawg »

Reel Cowboy wrote:
Barhopr wrote:Here comes the Change. Are you ready for what 53% of you voted for?
A lady in the admissions office yesterday that her troubles wuz now over. She woouldn't have to keep paying that $3.00 co-pay to dat hospital, 'cause ya'll werkin' folk (that's me and you) was finally gonna hep out da community.
I asked her if I could go next so I could get back to work and keep her lights on. She said she ain't have a light bill.

Thats the thing now all the peoples thinks dat we owe them something .. What they need to do is get there sorry asses out and work and get dat check the right way .. sorry guy i hate to get started on how thy are treated when they sit on dat porch and act like monkeys
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

Yup, but what goes around.....well you know.

The other day, I went to Wal-Mart. Three "Obama-ites" were setting up a table out front. One of them had his drawers halfway down to the knees. Anyway, when I came back out, they were like "Sir, would you like to donate to the "whatever charity it is this month"(you fill in the blanks)

I could not help myself. I turned around and said "No, you guys got Obama to do all that for you now." I turned around, and walked to my truck with a big, broad smile on my face.....

I also cannot help my self when I have seen the last few weeks of 1000's of folks being laid off thinking about the CEO that said "Well, we are gonna have to lay some folks off. I need to go look at bumper stickers in the employee parking lot".

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
Sea Dawg
Site Sponsor

Post by Sea Dawg »

hey dubble

im glad to see some one standing up and telling it like it is ..Obama going to do wonders for them or so they think but as they say black is beuiful,tan is grand ,,.. but white is the color ofthe big boss man lol