letter to Obama

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

dolphinatic
Advertising Sponsor

Re: letter to Obama

Post by dolphinatic »

EddieJoe wrote:
Reel Cowboy wrote:
EddieJoe wrote:

Uh huh. You left out invading Iraq and the subsequent horrific "peacemaking", bungling Afghanistan, illegal domestic wiretapping, operating a concentration camp at Guantanamo, authorizing torture, and generally the most incompetent administration in modern times. Couldn't find an excuse for those, too?
All I can say is that no matter who was in office on during this time, the SAME decision would have been made, whether it be Republican or Democrat, when it comes to "invading" any terrorist nation in order to protect AMERICANS. Why did so many Dems and Repubs alike authorize Bush to carry out his plans for Iraq and Afghanistan? Why do you think Obama asked Gates to stay on?????? That is one aspect of CHANGE Obama isn't willing to make because even he knows that the right people are in the right place to try to finish the job. Gates accepted because he is an honorable man, even though Obama slammed his efforts before he was President elect. It's amazing how winning the Presidency can change your views when you are no longer in election mode :roll: As for "illegal" wire tapping....I'm all for it if it will stop an attack on our country. As for operating a "concentration camp" in Gitmo, damn straight yo :thumbup: I don't recall terrorists ever putting AMERICANS into "concentration camps" to get information from them. They just torture and kill them because they do not respect life or freedom....period. Now that Obama is privy to what the present "incompetent administration" sees on a daily basis, he has changed his tune a bit. I don't defend the Bush administration on everything they have done, but when it comes to defending my country, I have to say that they have done a great job and all I can do is pray for the same protection under our new one :thumbup:
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21

Team BevisRealty.com
Jeffry50

Post by Jeffry50 »

:thumbup: :thumbup:
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

EddieJoe, you forgot one thing. The Democrats are the ones who cried fowl a few years back because the poor and minorities could not get home loans. Now that they have them, they can not pay them, and want to go crying for help. I can remember my banker telling me how there was pressure to loan to people who really could not afford $ 250,000 homes on adjustable rate mortgages. He said they would later be in trouble, and he was right.

NOBODY helped me pay for my house. I worked and saved and did without to get it paid for. I lived in a 900 sq foot home for 25 years before I built my current home.

I agree that W made mistakes. All presidents do. Lets continue this conversation after Obama is in for 4 years.....

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
EddieJoe

Post by EddieJoe »

dolphinatic wrote:
EddieJoe wrote:
Reel Cowboy wrote:
EddieJoe wrote:

Uh huh. You left out invading Iraq and the subsequent horrific "peacemaking", bungling Afghanistan, illegal domestic wiretapping, operating a concentration camp at Guantanamo, authorizing torture, and generally the most incompetent administration in modern times. Couldn't find an excuse for those, too?
All I can say is that no matter who was in office on during this time, the SAME decision would have been made, whether it be Republican or Democrat, when it comes to "invading" any terrorist nation in order to protect AMERICANS. Why did so many Dems and Repubs alike authorize Bush to carry out his plans for Iraq and Afghanistan? Why do you think Obama asked Gates to stay on?????? That is one aspect of CHANGE Obama isn't willing to make because even he knows that the right people are in the right place to try to finish the job. Gates accepted because he is an honorable man, even though Obama slammed his efforts before he was President elect. It's amazing how winning the Presidency can change your views when you are no longer in election mode :roll: As for "illegal" wire tapping....I'm all for it if it will stop an attack on our country. As for operating a "concentration camp" in Gitmo, damn straight yo :thumbup: I don't recall terrorists ever putting AMERICANS into "concentration camps" to get information from them. They just torture and kill them because they do not respect life or freedom....period. Now that Obama is privy to what the present "incompetent administration" sees on a daily basis, he has changed his tune a bit. I don't defend the Bush administration on everything they have done, but when it comes to defending my country, I have to say that they have done a great job and all I can do is pray for the same protection under our new one :thumbup:
What makes our country great, and respected around the world, is not just our military might, but the strength of our moral convictions. When we lose those, we lose what America stands for, which is freedom and the rule of law. I hate what terrorists do for their cause, but we shoudn't act like they do. If we do, the terrorists will have won. Illegal wiretapping is illegal, no matter if the "intent" might be to catch bad guys. I'm not willing to give up our laws, morality, or citizen protections that make American great, and make us different. I don't know what you mean by "defending the country". My analysis is that the job done over the last 8 years has been horrible. Didn't 9-11 happen during the Bush Administration? An invasion of Iraq based on fallacious and "cooked" intelligence information? A failure to capture Osama Bin Laden? Thousands of our soldiers killed, maimed, and mentally impaired, resulting from botched military management and stupidity? Perhaps hundreds of thousands of civilians killed, thus creating new martyrs that will try and get even? This isn't a "great job", it is a disaster of monumental proportions, of staggering incompetence, of incredible ineptness.

Maybe you feel safer, I don't.

EJ
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

Are we allowed to be having this discussion? :-D i would like to chime in but I can't type fast and I have to be at work tomorrow at 8am. :smt005
Team Jolly Mon
CrispyFishin

Post by CrispyFishin »

I like to think that I've done my part to defend our freedom to have a "discussion" like the one on this thread.

No matter if you like who's in office or not, hope you got enough pride in the USA to put your own behind on the line to defend it.

If you've gotten a tad too old to serve, hope you've got enough pride to endorse your kids going off to do the job.

:smt067

Hooah!
Work 'em silly Gators!!
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

You are right Crispy.....even if you are a Gators fan. :D
Team Jolly Mon