Trout fishing

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Dannyjames5

Post by Dannyjames5 »

I need some feedback. Does anyone know if the trout are going to work their way back onto the flats this weekend? I was thinking with the high volume of water moving though the rivers and the up coming warm front it may cause the fish to move away from the creeks and rivers. Do you think that if it can stay warm for a few days that it will bring them out of hiding?
Thanks,
DJ :smile: :smile:
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

I would do yard work this weekend. The high, muddy, cold water will make trout fishing tough at best. If we continue to get 1 or 2 below freezing nights a week like we have been, it will be April before we see any good trout fishing on the flats.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Dannyjames5

Post by Dannyjames5 »

I appreciate the input. Lets pray for some warm weather.
DJ
Team Outlaw

Post by Team Outlaw »

Not that i know everything but the fish are on the flats so i have been told. This was as of yesterday . Now that being said i have friend that went down today and will be fishing for two days . When he calls me i will be sure to let every one know . But as for now i feel like they are on the flats in 2 to 3 ft of water and with the warm weather they should be their or in 4 to 6 by the weekend . Just my opinon ! :grin:
Will_Fish_4_Food
Site Sponsor

Post by Will_Fish_4_Food »

We will be eagerly anticipating your report!
jonguthrie
Site Sponsor

Post by jonguthrie »

I dont know if this helps but I was trying to figure out if I wanted to try St. Joes Bay on friday so called Echely at Presnells.
He said he had one boat out today and they got 6 keepers off the flats. He said thy had ice in the boat basin yesterday morning. There was also A report of trout being taken off the three mile bridge last night in Pcola. It appears that some are begining to move onto the flats.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

For what it is worth my son-in-law and hs buddy went to Econfina last weekend, THAT'S RIGHT I said last weekend , rain and all. They caught their limit on the flats. All fish were 17-18 inches. They also said they had to do a lot of bailing.
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

Well my previous statement looks to be a bunch of $#@* so I'll be trying on Sunday to find some fish before the first NFGFC Tournament.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Team Outlaw

Post by Team Outlaw »

My friend called on day one and he said that he did pretty well. The water at keaton is to clear in some spots and just right in others he noted . He caught his five fish limit in about an hour and half . All fish were caught on a Zara Spook . After catching his limit he stayed for a while and caught and threw back another limit . These fish were caught on the new color Chicken Bone . I will post tomorrow one todays report .
Dannyjames5

Post by Dannyjames5 »

Team outlaw,
I am excited to hear that the trout are hitting top water. Their is nothing like seeing a fish blast a top water lure. I would assume that these fish were being caught in 2-3 feet of water since your buddy was fishing with a zara spook. How deep was he fishing when he was useing the jigs? Or was it in about the same depth?
Thanks,
DJ