St Joe Bay 3-9 & 3-10-02

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Russ C

Post by Russ C »

My buddy Jeff from Dothan was supposed to join me this weekend but his stomach ran hot & he was boiling over at both ends. So I fought the wind on St Joe Bay Friday & Saturday & managed to land a limit of trout & a few flounder both days http://www.snowhill.com/~rcash/P3080009.JPG

I got into 2 schools of reds Saturday on the town beach but could not get a one to bite. My neighbor & his son came down Saturday & they got into a massive school of reds on the shallow ridge that runs just outside Diamond Hole toward Mullet Hole. They also threw everything they could think of but did not catch a single one. Mullet Hole was full of small trout & rat reds but we caught most all the keeper trout on rootbeer jigs in the potholes between Conch Island & Blacks Island. Hopefully the weather will continue to warm for the next couple of weeks & the fish will be blowing up on topwaters on the next trip.

Old Dog, I tried unsuccessfully to hail on channel 14 this weekend. I looked for either your Whaler or Duracraft but I did not see you on the bay. Did you spot my KW Stealth while you were out?

Tight Lines!

Russ