Fishing Report of 03-10-02 Courtesy of Capt. Randy Craft

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

Fishing Report of 3-10-02
Apalachicola, St. George Island to St. Marks, Florida -- Offshore

The opportunity presented itself.

Prudence and a little gun shyness prevented my crew and I from taking the gamble.

Yesterday, I was to take a group of fellows offshore for their first trip with me. Most were coming down from Atlanta, Georgia and a couple more coming up from south Florida.

NOAA was predicting the same type forecast as last weekend, 3 to 5 seas, 20% chance of rain with a little overcast prior to a front moving through Saturday evening. A very fishable situation, if the prediction was true. Last week we got the stuffins knocked out of us, just trying to take a peek outside Dog Island. Yep, it was 3 to 5 seas-----behind Dog Island! There were probably 8 footers or better offshore and all the while NOAA was sticking to its prediction.

At any rate, my clients and I didnt want a repeat of the past weekend so we agreed to postpone to a more favorable weekend in the future. And, wouldnt you know it. It turns out that NOAA missed the forecast just the opposite way.
Man, Saturday was just Drop Dead gorgeous with 1 to 2 seas. Oh well, well be trying again next weekend.

Take those kids fishing
N
Catch Em Up!

Capt. Randy
Tom Keels
Site Founder

wxguy

Post by wxguy »

Actually, it was downright slick by 3pm in front of DI. But, to make you feel better the Grouper bite was slow for us. 4 people with myself and Cap. landing two legals each. Would have limited b-4 the size limit was raised...and saw a fella at the fillet table who didn't seem to know there was a size limit..what a terd