Keaton Beach 3/9

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

tight_line

Post by tight_line »

A buddy and me went to Keaton's Beach Saturday and we had a hell of a time. It started out with boat problems, but we mangaged to catch 4 nice bluefish around the first bird rack. Finally about 3:00 we got the boat running fine. We ran up to Spring warrior creek and had a blast for about two hours. Between the both of us, we catch over 20 trout. Most were too small, but we caught 7 legal ones. All in all it turned out to be a great day. :roll:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tight_line on 2002-03-13 3:50 am ]</font>
Leerr

Post by Leerr »

Sounds Like Fun!

C'mon Trout, You can come on the flats now! :roll:
Tight Lines and Screamin Drags...
PerryFisherMan
Site Sponsor

Post by PerryFisherMan »

Tightline,

What did you catch these fish on? I'm planning on going out Thursday and Friday afternoon at Keaton. Thanks in advance.
Jere Firth

Post by Jere Firth »

I was their Monday Tuesday and Wednesday.....,didn't get a chance to wet a line we thought about it but never did.... had a hack of a storm come through on Tursday night it was a bad one in my book we did get quite a bit of rain...........gulf looked real good when we left nice and flat...

Jere

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jere Firth on 2002-03-14 10:48 pm ]</font>
tight_line

Post by tight_line »

We fished with a yellow and pink tail shrimp grub under a cajin thunder popping cork. You can buy those shrimp grub at Wilson bait shop in Perry for $8.00 for 100 grubs. White and pink tail grub works really well also.