Nobeltec/Nautical Software - Bad experience

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

EddieJoe

Post by EddieJoe »

Wanted to clue all you guys about my recent experience with Nobeltec and Nautical Companies (who make marine software, Nobeltec has bought Nautical) and especially the "Chartview Planner" software.

Bought Chartview Planner, and found that a data file was missing from the disk, so it would not run the tide prediction module. Sent an e-mail to the company, and it took 10 days for a response. I had also ordered a chart data disk for NW Florida, and it was not delivered on time. When I called to inquire, I was told I would be called back. I have never received a call back, and another e-mail was ignored completely.

I had to cancel the charge on my Visa, because the company never sent the order or notified me of why for over a month.

These guys are the worst, and the product is no better. At least I could return Chartview Planner to West Marine for a refund (I bought that locally).

EJ
Bottom Line
Site Sponsor

Post by Bottom Line »

EJ, sorry to hear of your experience. My experience with Nobeltec was completely different. I had a problem downloading some information early on and called them and emailed them with responses back from them within minutes. Sorry you had such a time with them.
EddieJoe

Post by EddieJoe »

BL:

Maybe I didn't have the right attitude, or something. When I first called to ask about the disk I had ordered, they were not concerned at all that I had not gotten the product. Began to blame another distributor, who was supposed to drop ship the item. This ticked me off, and I told them I didn't want to hear excuses, just wanted to know where my order was.

Perhaps they just decided I was already too ticked to be worth the effort, and wrote me off. It is the first time a company has literally refused to contact me by phone, e-mail, or snail mail after I paid for an item that was not shipped.

It is now 43 days since I made the order, and my only recourse was to cancel the credit card charge.

Bad.

EJ
Bottom Line
Site Sponsor

Post by Bottom Line »

That is terrible!

I bet there is some anamosity between the workers at Nobeltec and those at the firm they bought at the root of this....just guessing but.....nobody should do business that way and I will watch them in the future if I have to contact them.
Joe Merchant

Post by Joe Merchant »

Sorry to hear that EJ.
Sounds like Customer No Service alright.

I'd keep calling and not stop.

-JM