Storm swim baits

Post your favorite tips and tricks here. Pictures are helpful and welcome.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

basstired
Site Sponsor

Storm swim baits

Post by basstired »

Those Storm swim baits sure look real, makes me want to get some crackers and mustard. Has anyone been caught by them. Did you have any results. Has anyone cast them into the swimming pool to see how they move. :smt007 I saw some that looked just like lake shiner. I reminded me of that massacre at Lake Hall last week. I can make a bait look like it's dying. What's the straight poop on these things? 8)
Wanted: Cute gal who loves to fish:
Send picture of boat
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

We used them a lot for Striper fishing in Virginia, until we figured out that those Stripers eat anything.
chugbug

Post by chugbug »

The ones that look like a bream or spec, you have to swim REALLY slow. They also work well if you let them sink and then hop them off the bottom like a worm. Remove the treble hook to get less weeds.
bman

Post by bman »

pearl or white small ones work great on the flats...

I am caught by this one:
I haven't tried one yet- but it looks killer!
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

The trout loved the golden mullet I had last year. 3" size. I have some more now! :-D
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

Seems like I read somewhere that Cobia like their 7" version. Or was it 9"?
GULP! free since 1970.
ak man

Post by ak man »

I just bought a bag, the look reeeaal nice, I plan on giving them a shot this weekend.
tact is for people not witty enough to be sarcastic
sundown
Site Sponsor

Post by sundown »

I used a bait similar to that by Calcutta called a swim shad last spring....Used the pink and electric chicken in 3" under a ct and as a jig..They sure looked natural and did catch fish but didn't last enough to keep using them...pins and other stuff tore em up pretty quick....
Seachaser

Post by Seachaser »

Me too! Fish tear them up and you have to take time to re-tie everytime.
flyrodder

Post by flyrodder »

Seachaser wrote:Me too! Fish tear them up and you have to take time to re-tie everytime.
Take some Gorilla glue with you and when the hook area gets torn up, put a drop in the hole and it will keep for another 3 or 4 fish. :-D
If there is no fishing or dogs in Heaven, I want to go where there is!
Atticus
Site Sponsor

Post by Atticus »

Ive never caught a lot on them.
Capt Reggie
Site Sponsor

Post by Capt Reggie »

8) I had a pile of them in many different sizes and flavors...gave most of them to my son, the Turtle, who took them offshore and promptly caught the snot out of grouper & black rock bass last year (Shhhh, don't be tellin' them off shore guys or they will be buying them all up now). I'm still waiting on him to buy me some more (actually, I kept the smaller ones that I found works great guns for Georgia pond bass & speckled perch)! :lol: Of course, I never did get a chance to try them inshore, but it sounds like some of you may have found another lure to hook up with - it always tickles the fire out of me to find out what catches a fisherman's attention, the lure or the fish? :smt007
My hobby is Smart Outdoors, LLC.
TN Hillbilly

Re: Storm swim baits

Post by TN Hillbilly »

A buddy of mine named White Trout down in Buras, LA taught me to use clear heat shrink tube on the nose to make em last a lot longer. It works great on the Tsunami lures, and should work on these as well.
I refuse to tiptoe through life, only to arrive safely at death
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

I have never really liked them. I tried them years ago at Lake Lanier for striper but like Sube said the striper will hit anything when they are feeding. I have a couple of bags in the boat but I don't fish with them.
Team Jolly Mon
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

Flint River Pirate wrote:I have never really liked them. I tried them years ago at Lake Lanier for striper but like Sube said the striper will hit anything when they are feeding. I have a couple of bags in the boat but I don't fish with them.
I've got some extra space in my boat! :-D
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.