Forgotten Coast Road Trip

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

WaltDawg
Site Sponsor

Forgotten Coast Road Trip

Post by WaltDawg »

Since I missed seeing the family in Hotlanta for Easter, I told my parents I would make it up to them and have dinner with them tonight. Luckily, I was able to sneak in about 10 hours of fishing while I was making the loop from Tallahassee to SGI.

Millertime and Skunky met me down at OB first thing this morning to try soaking some live bait. We launched at Bald Point to fish the incoming tide. The snots were biting early, sorry no pics of those, but we made our way towards Chaires and the game fish decided to show up.

We were hoping for something a bit bigger and Millertime started hollering. He measured at 26.999 with a pinched tail. Image

We ended up with a few more reds and made it back to the mouth of OB to fish the out going and the drum and sheepies started biting. Image

The shrimp ran out, so I got on 98 and headed west. I met PopsDawg at the house, loaded up his Ocean Kayak and launched on the west end of the island. The wind laid down pretty good, so I hoped to sight fish for reds, but none seen. We decided to target their spotted cousins. I started throwing Fish Bites and he threw DOA Shrimp.

The trout turned on and I ended up with a few over 20 inches.

Had a sunset dinner at the Blue Parrot with a few Corona's and some oysters. Got back to Tally at 10:00 to enjoy a nightcap. Put a few clicks on the ole' odometer this weekend, but well worth it.
Dabbler

Re: Forgotten Coast Road Trip

Post by Dabbler »

Fishing is hard but somebody has got to do it. :D
Flanders
Site Sponsor

Post by Flanders »

Only able to sneak 10 hours of fishing in uh? Thats a bummer.... :lol: Great report and pics. :thumbup:
I come from a small drinking community with a fishing problem
Littoral

Post by Littoral »

Very Nice!
...and even an 8" trout is way better than zero! :smt022
Actually listening to what other people say is worth the effort.
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Nice road trip.
What was I supposed to do today?
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Nice road trip WD :thumbup: :thumbup:
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Flanders wrote:Only able to sneak 10 hours of fishing in uh? Thats a bummer.... :lol: Great report and pics. :thumbup:
You noticed the length of that sneak as well I see. Saying 10 hours is sneaking is like calling an elephant a gazelle. Great trip from the looks of it. :thumbup:
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!