SGI bridge

For all the land lubbers, the place for land, pier and surf fishing info.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

DixieReb
Site Sponsor

SGI bridge

Post by DixieReb »

Well, yall wanted some fish stories so here's a different one. Wife and I went to SGI this weekend and did some pier fishing. There's a lot of stuff biting there right now, most of it is small but pulls good on light tackle. We caught a big sailcat(filleted on site),a big whiting, white trout, lots of croakers and grunts, and the biggest surprise was a 2 ft. spotted gar, hooked in the chin. I would guess the whiting bite is still a little early, I only got the one and this time of year there's usually a lot of them. But it was fun, didn't have to clean up a boat, and brought back dinner. And even in the wind(it was very windy today) I could still fish, just used more weight. :smt004
Yours in the South
Seachaser

Re: SGI bridge

Post by Seachaser »

One of my favorite places to fish when I need to get out of the bay. Glad you caught some.
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Glad ya got to go and caught some.
What was I supposed to do today?
BuggMann222

Post by BuggMann222 »

Had fun, caught fish, sounds like a good time to me. The wife and I are planning on going down the weekend of May 2nd. While you were there did you hear any reports from the state park?
"If you believe you have a foolproof system, you've failed to take into consideration the creativity of fools." - Frank Abagnale
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Glad you caught a few. Honey-do's around the house every weekend have me about to go stir crazy.
Where'd all these folks from Moultrie came from? You'd figure we'd all know each other.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

Bugman,
We didn't go down to the state park, the water in the surf was rough and looked dirty. I would try it out if you go, there might be some action. RC, the wife and I both work at the hospital here. When I'm not fish'in I'm usually out there.
Yours in the South