Polishing your GPS screen

Post your favorite tips and tricks here. Pictures are helpful and welcome.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

wevans
Site Sponsor

Polishing your GPS screen

Post by wevans »

My Garmin's screen had gotten so bad that I could barely read it anymore "pitted looking" :smt012 I was about to send it off to Garmin "$100" to have it repaired when I thought about the polish that I had bought to clean the wife’s car headlights with :-D since the screen was so bad, I didn't have to worry about messing it up :smt009 I put a dab on the screen and using a cotton rag, proceeded to polishing :smt004 I did it three times before I was satisfied that I could do no better, and it is almost in like new condition now :thumbup: :thumbup: I got this from Walmart for about 6 bucks :smt004 :beer:

It should work on fishfinders also :-D
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
captkeyser
Site Sponsor

Re: Polishing your GPS screen

Post by captkeyser »

Good to know. Mine is looking the same way. Thanks for the info.
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

Thanks for tip...I've got a handheld that is so pitted I can only read it at night.
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Will consider polishing a few GPS screens for select forum members. Must be compatible with my Garmin AC adapter cable.... Let me know when you would like them back.
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

Sir reel wrote:Will consider polishing a few GPS screens for select forum members. Must be compatible with my Garmin AC adapter cable.... Let me know when you would like them back.
Wow! Mr. Bud has made a bighearted offer! :smt005
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

RHTFISH wrote:
Sir reel wrote:Will consider polishing a few GPS screens for select forum members. Must be compatible with my Garmin AC adapter cable.... Let me know when you would like them back.
Wow! Mr. Bud has made a bigfarted offer! :smt005
Fixed it fer ya :lol: :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

wevans wrote:
RHTFISH wrote:
Wow! Mr. Bud has made a bigfarted offer! :smt005
Fixed it fer ya :lol: :beer:
Oops...my spell checker failed me again! :smt005
whitebc
Site Sponsor

Post by whitebc »

:thumbup: :thumbup:
A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the telephone.
RiverRunner

Post by RiverRunner »

I wonder if that stuff will work on my Blackberry.....My three year decided to slide it across a hardwood floor face down. It's not that bad, I caught him before he went to far. I need Dogfood, so maybe when I got Walmart I'll pick some up & try it out.

BTW, thanks for the laugh Sir Reel....hahahahaha
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

:thumbup:
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Reel Navy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Navy »

:thumbup: It works great for windshields too, cleaning water spots and other "munge". :thumbup:
Dear Lord, please let me be the kind of person my dog thought I was .....
reelcatch

Post by reelcatch »

Ok I will ask the dumb question, how did it work on the headlights? I have a 99 F 250 that needs some buffing on the headlights.
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

There are better products out there "much more expensive also" :-D but if ya got the time and energy, it will polish them up "takes a few times and lots of elbow grease" :thumbup: :beer: