1966 Mustang...4 sale

Need to buy or sell something, post it here.(Only Sponsor Businesses Please)

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

1966 Mustang...4 sale

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Well, as part of my efforts to raise money for the Xpress, I sold the 1966 Mustang I bought when I was 15 years old.

However, I have very understanding parents who recognized that in today's ecomony it may be difficult to sell my old boat and the Mustang simulataniously. Therefore, they offered to buy the Mustang from me since they had a more flexible timeline to sell it. They put her up for sale yesterday.

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/1200544366.html

Sad to end that chapter in life; a lot of time working with my father and other family members to restore her, several ladies met and memories created. That being said, most folks probably didn't own their first car for 15 years. Additionally, she has been sitting (other than the occassional golf outing) since I left for college in '98.

Let me know if you're interested.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Re: 1966 Mustang...4 sale

Post by Sir reel »

Do NFGFC members get a discount?? Keep in mind it would probably be close enough so you could ride in it once in a while or at least touch and talk to it. Does that price cover your trip up and back to deliver it?
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Bud, you can have a "good guy discount" if you let me ride in it. Delivery not included; my longest road trip in her was about 400 miles...that was plenty :-D
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

:thumbup: :D
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
Ron Wilson
Site Sponsor

Post by Ron Wilson »

Sweet care, ShowBoat. I've wanted a mustang from that timeframe for some time now. Soon as I get my two kids out of college, I'm going to get me one. That looks like it's been well kept. Good luck selling, I can't imagine you'll have much trouble. :thumbup:
"Plan for the worst."
TallyFish

Post by TallyFish »

I am sure you will find many people on this board that have made the same mistake. Don't sell it! Find a way to keep her or you will regret it for a long while.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Is the car in Ohio?
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

Brian, I have a 66 Mustang with an inline 200 and 3 speed just like yours, except mine is blue. I don't drive mine much either. I thought about selling it to do a little work to my 93 Mustang 5.0 but I think I will hang on to it. They are cool old cars.
Team Jolly Mon
Snapperlr

Post by Snapperlr »

I have a 65 fastback that I have spent more time working on than I care to admit. I agree, keep it if you can or you may regret it. They are getting harder to find and more valuable. If you absolutely have to sell it, I would take a look at Ebay. These cars in original condition, attract a lot of attention there.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Showboat----are you a YANKEE???
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Jumptrout51 wrote:Showboat----are you a YANKEE???
I wasn't able to slip that past a good ol' boy like yourself was I JT? Born and raised in Ohio. I've lived in Tallahassee for almost 8 years and think I've aclimated pretty well (except for the football threads).

The car is sold. Went to a young man who appears to be living a very similar life to the one I was living when I turned 16. A little bittersweet, but it sounds like he and his father are going to try and take the restoration to the next level, so that is encouraging

FRP-this car was blue from the factory and when I bought it. The green with gold metallic was my doing. While the restoration required cylenders to be bored out, oversized pistons and a milled down head; the fact it is a 200 (closer to 230 now) coupe is in good part while I was able to part with it. Had it been 2+2 or convertable with a 289 I would have likely held on to it, but I sure would have missed the new boat during Saturday's tourney.
Welby
Site Sponsor

Post by Welby »

Showboat,

Sure you'll miss her, but just keep thinking of how much you enjoy the new boat. I sold my Jeep late last year to buy a 05 Mustang Conv. I still miss the jeep but not as much as I enjoy the convertible. If life was a fairytale we could keep all our toys ! That's a sweet new boat that you and the Mrs's will get plenty of enjoyment and memories from.. :thumbup: :thumbup: