Late evening luck?

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

BrogensDuck

Late evening luck?

Post by BrogensDuck »

Wife wants to go fishing, but baby sitters are a bit hard to track at 5:30 AM. Has anyone had any luck later in the afternoon/evening since the heat really set in (last few weeks)? Thanks
FUTCHCAIRO

Re: Late evening luck?

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

HEY BD IT IS HARD FISHIN IN THIS KIND OF WEATHER, MORNIN-NOON- OR DARK. I CONSIDER MYSELF LUCKY IF I CATCH ANYTHING IN THIS KIND OF WEATHER, IF WE CAN GET A RAIN SHOWER GENERALLY THE FISH START FEEDING RIGHT AFTER THE RAIN.
PA THE OLD MAN OF THE SEA :smt006 :smt006
FUTCHCAIRO
NO PATIENCE

Post by NO PATIENCE »

i went monday to acullia from 4:00-7:30. Had a hard falling tide. bite was good about 5:30 then it just quit when it got low tide.I almost didn't get boat loaded back up with that big hole in the boat ramp.
Patience doesn't pay off, it waste time!!!!!!!!
GoneFishin

Post by GoneFishin »

BD- Thats the only time ive been goin lately, has been alot better than daylight for me..I leave work at 4:30 grab the boat and get on the water by 6...water seems to lay down early and makes the bite awesome..id pick evening flats over daylight any day of the week.. :beer:
"Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish."
BrogensDuck

Post by BrogensDuck »

Thats good news. Thanks for the input. Thinking about heading out tomorrow evening or Thurs. before the craziness starts over the weekend.
Outdoorsnole

Post by Outdoorsnole »

I'll let you know, I think I'm gonna head to Shell Point later today and try to get some reds in the boat.
Outdoorsnole

Post by Outdoorsnole »

It was pretty rough out there. I fished some of the oyster bars and got a couple small hits on topwater and landed a undersized red. The weather made it pretty tough to work any areas though.
BrogensDuck

Post by BrogensDuck »

thought about going till I saw those thunderboomers coming in with the wind. Glad you went, glad you're back. Thanks for the report.