Anybody familiar w/St Simons??

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Eerman
Site Sponsor

Anybody familiar w/St Simons??

Post by Eerman »

Heading there Tues with the boat in tow. Only been there one day before. Any advice would be appreciated. Mainly, I'm concerned with access during the 4th of July holiday. Is the main boat ramp next to the marina the only ramp near the south end of St Simons? Saw something on a website about a boat ramp at the Fishing and Boating Club that was public; but, didn't see it when I was there? Like I said, any help would be :thumbup:
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner."
sfisher

Re: Anybody familiar w/St Simons??

Post by sfisher »

yea, grew up there. only ramps are on the right after crossing over the intercostal via st. simons causway and on Blyth Island in Brunswick. there are boat lifts on the north end of the island near the Hampton club, more expensive, and one in Epworth by the sea, St. Simons Marina, more affordable but depends on where you are trying to go !!
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

A buddy of mine has a house over there, if I can get in touch with him I'll see what I can find out.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
Eerman
Site Sponsor

Post by Eerman »

Thanks for the help guys. Don't know where I'm going, just going to explore until I find something. Mostly concerned with launch access being the week of the 4th. We're going to be down on the southern part of the island.
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner."
sfisher

Post by sfisher »

hey , don't know how big boat is but if i were you i'd put in at st. simons marina or the ramp on the causway @ intrercostal. then if weather is good you can troll off the beaches on the bouy line or 500- 800 ft off the beach --catch pogie with castnet prior to going or if too windy follow the intercostal behind jekyll island. once behind the island jkl in river the is a jetty to your right markd but scarcely. try there and around bridge ---also many oystrer beds at river mouths to try...st. andrews sound gets extremly rough when windy . if all else go to rt. from ramp / lift and try any of the numerous oyster beds. last of incoming or first of out going. good luck !
Eerman
Site Sponsor

Post by Eerman »

Thanks, it's an 18ft skiff. I can probably handle most of that as long as the wind cooperates. :thumbup: :thumbup: