hello. Going fishing

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

DukesFin

Re: hello. Going fishing

Post by DukesFin »

lizbeth wrote:Hey DukesFin, John and Judy are very good friend's of mine. I have fished with John often. I will be down at the Park from Oct. 20th to Oct 25th.
We haven't seen them in quite a while. Tell them Duke and his little Brazilian wife say hello. We need to get back down to the State Park and visit with them (Ernie and his wife too). They are those kind of people you NEVER forget! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Let John know I'm still bragging about him on the internet fishing forums!!! (He had a few guys come to him one weekend to get "lessons" after I posted something about him on another forum. The weekend after that, we came down and visited with them and John said he'd "become an internet star"! :smt005 Not sure if he liked it or not but I know Judy was proud!!!
lizbeth
Site Sponsor

Post by lizbeth »

yes, I know i was going to call Judy today and tell her that John was a star... John and Judy are not at the campground anymore. They are over at the Orman House in Applach. But John still goes over to the Park and catches fish.
Pirate Girl
key2hwy

Post by key2hwy »

Hey - another new member here. Glad I found this forum, just kinda lucked into it. I'm also going down to SGI from middle GA the first week in Oct. I really appreciate the info on this thread, and I'll burn the maps when I leave! salute2 I was planning to hit up the bayside of the island, and those shots will come in real handy. I just got a little skinny water Gheenoe I'll be taking down for the week - any other tips, tricks, or spots you guys might want to give up? Just figure to throw some Mirrolures, topwaters, and some plastic shrimps. It's been about 15 years since I did any inshore fishing, and I'm pumped to try and get into some reds and trout. Thanks again to those that made their info available already - a huge help for someone not familiar to the area!
DukesFin

Post by DukesFin »

I'm a big BIG fan of either Gulp shrimp or zoom flukes on a 1/4 ounce jig head. Tie that to 18" of 20# flouro leader. Tie THAT onto a Cajun Thunder... Not the skinny one, the one the size of a ping pong ball. That is the first bait I'll throw out there unless it's daybreak and the water is slick. In that case, I'll throw topwater.

HAVE FUN!!! CATCH FISH and most importantly...

POST A REPORT!!!
KYFRED

Post by KYFRED »

I'll be down there the first week in Ocotber. Anyone want to get together and fish, let me know.
akasephiroth

Post by akasephiroth »

http://www.bigbendfishing.net/phpBB3/vi ... =1&t=23348 link to report for my results from down there.
key2hwy

Post by key2hwy »

Dukesfin - thanks for even more info. The rig is pretty much what I had figured except the Cajun Thunder, which is new to me and I'll use it for sure. akasephiroth - thanks for the link. I'd seen it already, and looks like you had a great trip! I'm hoping I do as well!
DukesFin

Post by DukesFin »

The way to use the Cajun Thunder, if you don't already know, is to "pop" it. I vary how quickly I pop it and how long I let it sit according to how they are biting, but you'll figure it out.