St. Marks 10-28-09

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

jadams92002
Site Sponsor

St. Marks 10-28-09

Post by jadams92002 »

Not that much to report from me today. Got to the lighthouse at daybreak and started out after trout the first one in the boat was a decent 17 incher, after that they were all short. Caught ten or so pretty quick then the bight went dead. Fished for trout for 45 minutes or so and decided to go for some reds. That wasn’t much better, the tide was hardly moving at all by this point. After what seemed like several thousand casts later I finally landed a 22-¼ in. red witch ended up being the only one. The surprise of the day was that I caught a flounder on a shallow diving crank bait, that was a first for me.
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Re: St. Marks 10-28-09

Post by fishinfool »

The first time I did that was wading at Bald Point. Surprised the heck out of me too. Glad yuo were able to get out and catch a few. Smallish or not it is always nice to catch a fish.
FF
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Sounds like a decent day :thumbup: talk about a surprise, I caught a flounder trolling the river for reds last year :o it was a keeper too :thumbup: :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Post by Barhopr »

none on the fly rod?
VIVA la BT

Image_______________Image
jadams92002
Site Sponsor

Post by jadams92002 »

No I had done enough casting for one day. lol I am going to river in a few minutes to try out my new chartplotter/depth finder and I am taking the fly rod with me. Do you want to go?