New to the Forum: Introduction

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

DeanMac

New to the Forum: Introduction

Post by DeanMac »

I have been visiting forums for years and found this one by accident on a post made on another forum (GON)

I have been a member of Woody's (now GON ) for many years way before GON got involved. I don't need to get started on that subject. Plus I frequent about 4 other outdoor forums.

I live in a small town about 50 Miles West of Atlanta (Bremen).

I manage hunting clubs in Ga (Haralson County) and Al. (Randolph County). I have been into wildlife management and QDMA for about 7 years. I have fished and hunted most of my life and also enjoy camping and traveling to the National Parks.

We bought a house in Carrabelle about 6 weeks ago and I am a super green horn on Salt water fishing, but very eager to learn how it is done. So I might ask some real dumb questions during my learning process.
I have been trying to find a good bay boat and hope to have something soon.

Sure might trade some hunting up my way for some fishing expertise.

Great looking Forum and I look forward to learning for the post and members here.

Thank you,

Dean
Take a kid hunting or fishing and you will be rewarded.
reelcatch

Re: New to the Forum: Introduction

Post by reelcatch »

Welcome!!!

Glad to have ya :-D :-D :beer:
reelcatch

Post by reelcatch »

Here is a link for you. These are really good people and a great resorce. We have monthly meetings and tournaments through the year. They have guest speakers at the meetings and share info rather freely.

http://www.nfgfc.org/
Flanders
Site Sponsor

Post by Flanders »

Welcome Dean!! :smt006 :beer: :thumbup:
I come from a small drinking community with a fishing problem
Chill-N-Grill
Site Sponsor

Post by Chill-N-Grill »

Welcome aboard :smt006 :thumbup: :thumbup:
DeanMac

Post by DeanMac »

reelcatch wrote:Here is a link for you. These are really good people and a great resorce. We have monthly meetings and tournaments through the year. They have guest speakers at the meetings and share info rather freely.

http://www.nfgfc.org/
Thanks everyone for the welcome.

Also, the link,
Looks like a great organization.
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Welcome Aboard Dean :smt006 make sure ya get a big enuff bay boat that you can veture off shore with it on the good days :-D :thumbup: :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Scoop Sea
Site Sponsor

Post by Scoop Sea »

Welcome Aboard :smt006
"Be Careful Not To Confuse Motion With Progress."
DeanMac

Post by DeanMac »

wevans wrote:Welcome Aboard Dean :smt006 make sure ya get a big enuff bay boat that you can veture off shore with it on the good days :-D :thumbup: :beer:
Thanks for the advice,

I suppose to go check out a Sea Chaser 1950, (19' 7") with a 115 Yam 4 stroke. I have looked at several, that just appeared to be to big for my needs.

I am trying to get something as univerasal as possible. Island hop and family at the beach, cruise around the bay and rivers, plus do some fishing.

What do you think?
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

I Grouper fish out of a 17.5 alluminum bass boat, so I may not be the one ta ask :-D :lol:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
DeanMac

Post by DeanMac »

wevans wrote:I Grouper fish out of a 17.5 alluminum bass boat, so I may not be the one ta ask :-D :lol:
Now I am a North Ga. mountain boy, that big blue scares me, I want be venturing out many miles off shore until I really get my sea legs. I don't see me doing it in a bass boat. LOL
whitebc
Site Sponsor

Post by whitebc »

:smt006 :smt006
A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the telephone.
Ranaman

Post by Ranaman »

Howdy again Dean! Welcome aboard!
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

WELCOME, THAT BOAT WILL WORK JUST FINE AS LONG AS TTHE ENGINE HAS GOOD COMPRESSION AND THERE IS NO WATER IN THE FOOT AND SHE RUNS GOOD IN WATER,DO NOT BUY A BOAT UNTIL YOUHAVE RUN IT IN A LAKE,RIVER, OR OCEAN FOR AT LEAST AN HOUR, IF THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG IT WILL SHOW UP IN THAT AMOUNT OF TIME. JUST RUNNIN ON RABBIT EARS DOES NOT WORK MOST OF THE TIME.
PA THE OLD MAN :smt006 :smt006
FUTCHCAIRO
DeanMac

Post by DeanMac »

FUTCHCAIRO wrote:WELCOME, THAT BOAT WILL WORK JUST FINE AS LONG AS TTHE ENGINE HAS GOOD COMPRESSION AND THERE IS NO WATER IN THE FOOT AND SHE RUNS GOOD IN WATER,DO NOT BUY A BOAT UNTIL YOUHAVE RUN IT IN A LAKE,RIVER, OR OCEAN FOR AT LEAST AN HOUR, IF THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG IT WILL SHOW UP IN THAT AMOUNT OF TIME. JUST RUNNIN ON RABBIT EARS DOES NOT WORK MOST OF THE TIME.
PA THE OLD MAN :smt006 :smt006
good advice and so true

I was suppose to go up and test the boat today, the guy called me Sunday on my way home from Carrabelle, He had only ran the engine on a hose (bought it at a repo auction) compression 170, on each. He buys and sells boats.

He took it out Sunday for a test run on the lake before I got there today. Boat idled fine, but it started skipping at top end. He pulled the water/gas filter, full of crud, He was draining the fuel tank and filling with fresh gas. He suppose to be giving me a call when it is ready to view.

I would have been a sick puppy if I bought it with out a test and the issues showed up on my first trip on the water.