Lake Lafayette

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

verticalgambit

Lake Lafayette

Post by verticalgambit »

Hi just had a few questions about Lake Lafayette. First, are there any motor restrictions on that lake? Second, has anyone fished it? If so what where you fishing for.
Thanks
JP
big bend gyrene

Re: Lake Lafayette

Post by big bend gyrene »

Verticalgambit, wish I could help you but almost entirely a saltwater guy myself... sure someone will chime in shortly and give you the exact info you're seeking.

I'm writing back to ask what in the heck Gaara of the Desert is? Drawing shows bubbles, body looks kind of fin like, and appears to be a tank or two soccer balls on his/her back... tried going to wiki to get the answer but it only left me more confused...

"Gaara is a ninja affiliated with Sunagakure, and is the son of Sunagakure's leader, the Fourth Kazekage. As a child, his father attempted to turn him into a human weapon by placing a tailed beast into him, and he was ostracized by the Sunagakure villagers. As a result, he develops into a ruthless killer, slaying others without remorse, and treating his siblings Kankuro and Temari with contempt. His battle with Naruto during the series changes this outlook, and he begins to aid others in order to emulate Naruto. In Part II of the series, he becomes Sunagakure's Fifth Kazekage."

:smt017 :smt005
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

HEY GYRENE, MAN YOU ARE FAR OUT, WHICH PLANET DID ALL THAT COME FROM, YOU NOT SHELL SHOCKED ARE YA.?
PA THE OLD MAN :smt004 :smt004 :smt006
FUTCHCAIRO
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

Tain't me, PA... just my efforts to decipher Verticalgambit's signature picture. Went to the online encyclopedia, wikipedia, and pasted what I found as it didn't help me at all. :(

Clear sign I'm getting too old to understand myself, and I'm not but 42... ;-) :lol:
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
verticalgambit

Post by verticalgambit »

It is a Japanese comic that I read. I guess it is a little out of place on a fishing forum. Gara is a ninja.
WaltDawg
Site Sponsor

Post by WaltDawg »

I'm sure most of you guys have run across Japanese comics surfing the internet. I'm sure most of it you know is NSFW. LOL
bman

Post by bman »

Back to the Lake...

On lower lake Lafayette you can run what you want... Nice Bass and Bream. Lots of grass and pads.
ramps are few and far between...

The upper part is Piney-Z
I had the keys when I was a kid an it was UNREAL... I got spoiled by 100 bass after school trips.

Now its managed by the city as a park- they drained it to clean it up and make it better :roll:
All bass must be released but there is still some great fishing!
http://www.pineyz.com/park.cfm
Hand launch only and I think electric or paddle only.
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
verticalgambit

Post by verticalgambit »

Thanks for the info Bman. I know getting into the lower lake is hard and I guess that is why I don't see a lot of talk about fishing it. My mother use to live in Piney Z, so i know very well fishing from the "keys" on that lake. I had a lot of fun fishing from the bank. I am hoping to buy a house on lake Lafayette.
bman

Post by bman »

I know of a builder with a lot on the lower lake... If you are interested send me an email or PM.
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
MrGreenJeans

Post by MrGreenJeans »

When I was a kid, we used to get into Piney-Z with a combination instead of a key. I still have my fishing permit from there laminated somwhere.
I Like the simple pleasures........like killing my enemies, drinking his wine and taking his women and gold.
TroutTrent

Post by TroutTrent »

That lake used to have some hoss daddy bass in it, been there a few times myself----with out a key or combo :smt004
To bad FWC has Bass catch and release only on that lake and not a lake like Lake jackson that lake needs help with bring back numbers of big bass too. I know it still has some in it, but not like it did in the early 80's and 90's :thumbup:
DwayneFisherman

Post by DwayneFisherman »

We fished the upper "park" part last year with a Gheenoe and a trolling motor. They have the lake blocked so you cannot get a truck through, and there are no real boat landings at the park. We had to physically drag the boat and the trailer down to the lake.

The lower parts of the lake system are HEAVY with pads.

The trolling motor was plenty to get around the lake. We had a hard time getting the gheenoe out of the mud when we were done, and an even harder time getting it up the hill back to the truck.

Beautiful lake actually, but we couldn't buy a bite. I had a friend go last year and would usually catch 4-5 small bass per trip.