Chalks First Freshwater Report

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Chalk

Chalks First Freshwater Report

Post by Chalk »

Holy cow, the world is coming to an end, I fished in freshwater today :o :lol: ....The whole family headed over to some family land in Thomas county for Josephs first fishing trip. Joseph woke up ready to go this morning. Had to do a few things around the house, ended up hitting the water around 10:00. We put some corks and worms out, nothing much happening, so I started throwing a beetle spin and wham, fish on....I get Joseph between me and the rod and he cranks and I held the rod. We landed a little 1 pound bass. He was all excited, a little later he caught a bream and I got the fish up, Joseph was reaching for the fish, he got fish :o , fish wiggled :roll: , hook out and in his finger :x , not bad, but you know how three year olds are. He didn't want much to do with it after that. I didn't push him, he did help me reel another fish, but soon as it hit the bank he was gone :lol: . Spent about five hours out today caught probably 20 or so bream and I caught about 12 or so bass biggest to two pounds. Had a blast watching my little one fish, hope we have many more trips in the future. Some pics

JoJo's Bass

Thomas County Bream
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

:thumbup: :thumbup:
Tom Keels
Site Founder

wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

They aint nothin can beat the smile on a younguns face after catchin a biggun :-D :thumbup: :thumbup:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

Nice family outing.. :thumbup:
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Good dill, Chalk. Keep takin that boy.
What was I supposed to do today?
RodBow
Site Sponsor

Post by RodBow »

Alright Dad! Good job Joseph! :thumbup:
use your opportunities ...

218 Carolina Skiff
25 Bayliner Deck
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Seems I remember somebody saying to me a few months ago.....
:wink:
"It would have to be a brackish river, can't seem to get excited about them bass anymore, too easy"

Take that boy more often. 8)
Semper Fi
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Nicely done Chalk. Tell Joseph we're real proud of him.
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".