Lake Jackson Fr.15

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

basstired
Site Sponsor

Lake Jackson Fr.15

Post by basstired »

It's been a couple of weeks since the weather has warmed up enough to go out. My buddy Danny had four dozen shiner minnows, he bought last week. He started feeding them grits and kept them lively til fr. He was all set to catch a mess of paper mouths and I just wanted to get out on the water. After looking for perch about an hour, I'd had enough of staring at a cork.
I put on a Rapala blue back jerk bait, 1/4 0Z and caught about a 14 inch bass on second cast . Ended up with three bass and two pickeral. Oh Danny was determined to find those perch. He finally caught a 15 inch bass on one of those shiner minows. Didn't see a crappie all day. Not too bad for two 1/2 hours of fishing.
If he keeps running air through them minners and feeding them grits, we'll have to put on some bigger corks next time. Water was way up, now even more so. Fish that jerk bait with less jerk and more suspend.
Wanted: Cute gal who loves to fish:
Send picture of boat
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Re: Lake Jackson Fr.15

Post by Harmsway »

Thanks for the report, Basstired. :thumbup:
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.