Open Carry

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

captkeyser
Site Sponsor

Re: Open Carry

Post by captkeyser »

Charlie P wrote:
whitebc wrote:
1Nitrofish wrote:Need to apply this in Florida ...but only if you have taken the CWP class....
:stupid_1 Yeah what he said!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
...and classes on self control and a psych examination amongst other things. Would put and end to bar brawls and road rage pretty quickly as well. :-D
KYBOWHTR

Post by KYBOWHTR »

there are way to many barney fife people in here.just because you all have a permit(which i think is a joke) who of you can use it under fire not many i bet.the goofy people that can past the test to get the permit thats who scare me. rambo people ha ha.by the way al this said i would rather deal with you people than deal with the govt. im packen with no permit
whitebc
Site Sponsor

Post by whitebc »

KYBOWHTR wrote:there are way to many barney fife people in here.just because you all have a permit(which i think is a joke) who of you can use it under fire not many i bet.the goofy people that can past the test to get the permit thats who scare me. rambo people ha ha.by the way al this said i would rather deal with you people than deal with the govt. im packen with no permit

I am packing with a permit, hell why not? I dont have to worry about the felony that goes with carrying without a permit if I ever get checked...
The way you talk I am guessing you have been shot at and used your weapon "under fire" and I am proud that you made it out alive, just because I like to do it the legal way doesn't mean that I cant use a firearm "under fire", does it? I carry mine but it is still the LAST resort, in 26 years I have never had a confrontation where I needed a firearm(try to avoid these at all cost) and hope that I dont ever need it for the rest of my life.

Dont get me wrong I know that there are many of people out there that got the license the legal way and dont know the first thing about firearm safety, or shooting one in general for that matter, but as for the rest of us with a license, we grew up with guns and do know a thing or two about them.

Ben
Last edited by whitebc on March 4th, 2010, 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the telephone.
KYBOWHTR

Post by KYBOWHTR »

I AGREE WITH YOU SOMEWHAT BUT THERE ARE PEOPLE OUT THERE THAT HAVE NO BUSINESS WITH A PERMIT AND OR A GUN.ITS EASIER TO GET A C/W PERMIT THAT A CAPT. PERMIT.
KYBOWHTR

Post by KYBOWHTR »

DONT WANT THE GOV TO KNOW ANYMORE THAN THEY DO ALLREADY
whitebc
Site Sponsor

Post by whitebc »

KYBOWHTR wrote:DONT WANT THE GOV TO KNOW ANYMORE THAN THEY DO ALLREADY
probably shouldnt post things about carrying without a permit on a public forum, I hear people other than me and you actually read these things :-D
A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the telephone.
KYBOWHTR

Post by KYBOWHTR »

NO WORRIES KEEP YOUR NOSE CLEAN AND EVERYTHING ARIGHT
1Nitrofish

Post by 1Nitrofish »

It`s interesting to me to hear the different opinions on this . Many different ...all have good points . Fact is though... through the finger printing, and the checks that are done in the CWP application process...they weed out and reject all the ones with a history of assult ,domestic violence,etc. You don`t just get a permit with a criminal history on your record...period. With that said ...it doesn`t mean someone can`t flip- their- lid and go berzerk. What I do know is that ... just because one has a permit...doesn`t mean they have to carry.There are times when it is needed like trips to unfamiliar places,traveling,etc It`s an option and a gun just another tool for self defense(ex. the "Stand Your Ground" Fla. law).
Did you know that many of the hard -core motorcycle gangs carry lg. ball-peen hammers? It`s alot eaiser to get charged with a legal hammer...than it is an "illegal gun carry" when no crime is committed. Their way of trying beat the law because many have a criminal record. Point is...be legal...it`s a good thang!
Good discussion from everyone..... salute1
GAJOEY
Site Sponsor

Post by GAJOEY »

The fact is open carry makes some people feel uneasy ..I carry concealed 95 percent of the time when the law allows I never open carry . In Ga we can open carry but I think open carry is asking for trouble ..there is always someone who will make a comment like "you think you are a bad a** with that gun on your side" ..If the firearm was concealed the comment would have never been made. The reason I carry is for my peace of mind .I do not have a need to show off the fact that I have a .45 acp on my side because I know it is there.
Watch out for the one who brings a spoon to a knife fight..he is either really stupid or really good with a spoon. <')))><