Windy weekend

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

WaltDawg
Site Sponsor

Windy weekend

Post by WaltDawg »

It was that time of the year again for third annual FCKA Classic, so Thursday after work we made a caravan down to the coast for a little pre-fishing. As everybody in the SE knows it was raining like cats and dogs but it all passed in time for us to enjoy the sunset and a cold beverage for the ride down.

Friday morning the wind was blowing pretty good with blue bird skies so we tried to make a gameplan expecting similar conditions for Saturday as well. After Millertime's blood alcohol level returned to its normal level .08, we hit the road to do some scouting. The water was super skinny with the NW wind but I managed to find some topwater trout.

Mullet were all over the place and I got some mid morning entertainment from a dolphin feeding frenzy in 12 inches of water. Image

Spot A didn't do much for us, so we packed up the Millerlite and headed for spot B. It was a good idea because bait was everywhere and the trout and redfish decided to show up too. It was windy as hell, so the anchor got a lot of use. In the first hour I landed some nice trout and reds so I stopped for the day before I really regretted fishing Spot B the day before the tournament. Biggest trout at 22, biggest red was 32.

Millertime decided to get in on the action on a double hookup with Chris.

Tourney day was a lot slower for me. I got a 19 inch trout before 8 and the rest of my day was a skunk. Millertime cleaned up with reds and trout but couldn't find a flounder Still had a great time though. Congrats to all the winners and thanks to all the sponsors and all those who made the tournament possible. See you next year.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Re: Windy weekend

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Good report.......except..........who won......who sponsored........where did the winning fish come from.......where did you fish,etc. etc. etc.?
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
WaltDawg
Site Sponsor

Post by WaltDawg »

I'm assuming Suber will post all that good stuff.
Ron Wilson
Site Sponsor

Post by Ron Wilson »

Nice report and pics. Glad ya'll got out. Thanks for posting. :thumbup:
"Plan for the worst."
haliaetus

Post by haliaetus »

Nice to finally see pictures of people fishing and NOT wearing gloves, hats and heavy jackets! Where are spots A and B?
roadtrip
Site Sponsor

Post by roadtrip »

great report Walt. Nice spotty redfish. Millertime is looking a little weak in the photo.
Miller_Time

Post by Miller_Time »

The wind was tough, but, we had a great time and caught a few fish as well.