Redfish Acrobatics 3-19

All things dealing with kayaks and kayak fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Talltails

Redfish Acrobatics 3-19

Post by Talltails »

I had to work out of town this past week, but I brought my kayak with me of course. I paddled out in West bay in Panama City. Found some bait moving around and went over to investigate. In less than a foot of water, I saw this overslot redfish go completely vertical with it's nose buried in the mud. Probably 3/4 of it's body was waving at me in the air. I cast a Sebile stick shad at it, and after a couple twitches, she jumped all over it. That was definitely one of the coolest redfish hookups I have experienced. She measured over 32 inches

I was able to catch a couple more nice reds after that, but even this 28 incher was kind of a letdown after that
I also caught a few decent trout on a soft jerk bait
Finally, as I was driving home, I was able to experience a lesson in perspective. I saw this boat at a gas station. It had to be at least 50 feet long. The picture does not do this boat justice. Thought I'd compare it to my operation in the back of my truck
KyTrkyHntr
Site Sponsor

Re: Redfish Acrobatics 3-19

Post by KyTrkyHntr »

Nice fish TT!!! :thumbup:

I'd say your setup would draft a shallower than the one you were parked next too!!! :lol:
Catch & Release Fish!!!!....... Not Criminals!

Image Image
jadams92002
Site Sponsor

Post by jadams92002 »

:thumbup: :thumbup:
red_yakker
Site Sponsor

Post by red_yakker »

Nice :thumbup:
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

Good work Jason