Do they need a license?

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

tin can
Site Sponsor

Re: Do they need a license?

Post by tin can »

Reel Cowboy wrote:
tin can wrote:My wife doesn't fish. :-D

You don't either do you?
Not lately. :-? :cry:
What was I supposed to do today?
4C's
Site Sponsor

Post by 4C's »

Buy them a license, if they don't fish you and your friend can catch thier limits, if they decide to catch thier own fish or if the man comes by .... no problems. Cheap insurance in any case.
Kids that hunt and fish don't steal and deal!!
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

I ain't paying no extortion. I got crunk on a FWL guy (i think his name was Kevin) out of Keaton once when he insisted my wife was fishing just because she was on the boat and I had 4 rods in the boat. Told him to go find his grandmother and write her a ticket. I told him it would be a race to the courthouse to see who could get a judge's attention first and that I bet I would win hands down. He wisely decided not to write that ticket. My buddy, the other FWL guy that used to live at Keaton (name not disclosed) nearly fell off his deck laughing when I told him about that incident. He didn't believe that I told Kevin to go write his grandmother a ticket. When I saw him the next weekend, he started laughing as I was pulling up. Kevin had come in mad as a wet hen and told him some guy from Georgia had told him to get a life and go write his grandmother a ticket. I MADE DANG SURE THAT I HAD EVERY POSSIBLE REQUIREMENT FULFILLED EVERYTIME I WENT TO KEATON AFTER THAT UNTIL KEVIN GOT TRANSFERRED.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Sea Sea Rider

Post by Sea Sea Rider »

Tell your wife to press charges against the officer for rape. When the officer asks why tell him he must have because he has all the equipment on board to do the crime. :D
Tidedancer
Site Sponsor

Post by Tidedancer »

Sea Sea Rider wrote:Tell your wife to press charges against the officer for rape. When the officer asks why tell him he must have because he has all the equipment on board to do the crime. :D
Now that's funny!! :-D
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

Since when does sunbathing and biatching at me = fishing? :roll: I do love that woman but when we're on the boat together I'm a
CAPTIVE AUDIENCE! :smt010

I always have a bunch of rods on board! :-D

Officer Kevin was a legend in his own mind. He spun his truck wheels on the gravel in Anky parking lot one day and one of the "locals" reported him to his dept
for speeding and reckless driving. Next time he was there he drove REAL slow! :lol:
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
bross07

Post by bross07 »

If they are not fishing they don't need one. I would get a license just in case yall get on some fish then you can keep more! :-D
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

So, georgiasportsman, we'll all waiting to hear what happened; licenses for the ladies, or not? :pop_1
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

bross07 wrote:If they are not fishing they don't need one. I would get a license just in case ya'll get on some fish then you can keep more! :-D
That is another twist in the law.
Example: 2 licensed people in the boat. 10 trout in the boat with 2 over 20 inches. One guy had all the luck and caught all the fish.
FWC inspects the boat, the lucky guy brags he caught them all. The lucky guy gets the ticket for over limit and too many over-sized.
Point being...if you don't fish and or don't catch you are not allowed to keep fish above "your" limit.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
georgiasportsman

Post by georgiasportsman »

Harmsway wrote:So, georgiasportsman, we'll all waiting to hear what happened; licenses for the ladies, or not? :pop_1
Yes, we got he ladies a license and it's a good thing. All four of us had a keeper red ranging from just under 20" to 26". Also caught 3 keeper trout and lots of shorts. Great day on the water!