Econfina SLAM! 4-15-10

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

dolphinatic
Advertising Sponsor

Econfina SLAM! 4-15-10

Post by dolphinatic »

I was supposed to work at St. Marks Wednesday :roll: , but my buddy Raymond called me and asked if I wanted to make a morning run down to Econfina before his detail. After a brief debate ( 2 seconds), I tell him that I'll see him in the am :thumbup:
We get to the ramp just before 7am to find the place empty. We launch and head out to try a creek. Nothing. We decide to run on out and head east toward Rock Island. We set up the first drift and only manage 1 trout on topwater. We run further east and set up again in 2 ft. Tide is falling, wind is blowing out from the north. I start throwing topwater and BAMMM! After a nice fight including 2 drag runs under the boat, I get the 25" trout to the boat and in the net :thumbup: I throw topwater for another 20 minutes with nothing but a short strike. I switch over to a 7" white fluke. 1st cast....something grabs it as soon as it hits the water and hauls azz! I loosen the drag and let it run :o I finally get the fish to turn up top and see the beautiful copper side :smt007 Nice red.....BIG red. I finally get the beast to the boat and am sure it's over slot. Put it on the board and it's dead on 27" :thumbup: In the box. Next cast.....BAMMM!!!! Raymond hooks up with one too. I get mine to the boat....25" He gets his to the boat.....27" :o 25" back in the water :( We catch 2 more at 26" over the next 15 minutes and release them too. We drifted out to 4 ft. and started picking up trout on Catch2m's. By 11:00am, we have our limit of trout (with 2 over 20", 25" & 23") and start throwing them back too. We even managed a few nice flounder and a couple of big blues. The day was so nice, we stayed fishing till 1:00pm and headed in when the bite started to slow. Got back to the ramp to find 10 trucks in the lot and a few guys from GA loading up. They went west towards Aucilla and only manged 3 trout all day :roll: Water temp was 67 in the am and got up to 76 in the pm :thumbup: We tried floating a few live pins but didn't get the first hit with them. Great day on the water and still got a little work done and made it to church :thumbup: Whew.....

Got pics, but can't get them off the camera. Will post later.....
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21

Team BevisRealty.com
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Re: Econfina SLAM! 4-15-10

Post by Sir reel »

All I gota say is... ATA BOY!

That's what I call a full day and doing it all! Limiting out, get'n some work done, and making it to Church. GREAT JOB :thumbup: :D
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
kirt123

Post by kirt123 »

Nice report, I should be down there in the morning. When you say to the east were you catching them before or past hickory mound?
KyTrkyHntr
Site Sponsor

Post by KyTrkyHntr »

:thumbup: :thumbup:
Catch & Release Fish!!!!....... Not Criminals!

Image Image
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

I love those hits where it just hits teh water and that drag sings!!!

Great report and can't wait to see the pics!
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
gatormullet2

Post by gatormullet2 »

Thats a full day right there for anybody. :-D
gatormullet2

Post by gatormullet2 »

:smt005
Last edited by gatormullet2 on April 15th, 2010, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robbankston
Site Sponsor

Post by robbankston »

better luck next time. :lol:
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week. -George S. Patton
Ranaman

Post by Ranaman »

GREAT report Tom!! Glad to see you out there working hard!! -Joe